Oakenfold Sell Out?

I wonder if he actually played? I remember going to a Northern Exposure night in 1998 at The Temple in Bolton. It was midweek and sasha and diggers played to about a half full (or half empty depending on you optimism levels) room.

Oakenfold@Nation.preview.jpg

The man has taste 8)

i'm sure oakie would prefer it packed to the rafters but some of the best nights out i've been to have been ones which at face value, appeared to have bombed.

sasha on his album tour 2002 ended up playing to about 20 people and the bar staff (of which i was one) and i've never had such a good sasha experience, he was loving it too! maybe just had to put a brave face on cos the night stinkbombed or whatever.

likewise another that sticks in the memory a few years back, erol alkan playing a once tried never repeated darren hughes venture in leeds. finished with dazza, the beers, me the barman and erol alkan bouncing around like it was christmas or somethin. it also the one and only time i've heard darren hughes dj - he played heroes by bowie btw!

having said all that 52 tix for a student thing is pretty woeful.....:lol:

I'd have thought he'd be lying low after his failed plot to try and bribe the queen & co.

Don't worry, he'll sort all this out by time-travelling back in the future

Back