*** NYE / NYD review ***

Alfonse

HEy guys

It was lovely and warm. About 15-16 degrees most days which was a welcome break from the snow and ice! Just seeing the sun and the blue sky was enough to cheer me up 8)

We went to Pacha on NYE and DC10 on NYD. Pacha was ok but not brilliant...I have to confess I am not a massive fan of the electro house styled music the club seems to be popular for nowadays but we had a good time as lots of friends were on the island. Drinks prices seemed to be pretty much as per normal. 12 or 13 Euros for a beer if I remember.

DC10 on NYD however was awesome! We got there around 6ish and the terrace was already nearly full. I'm not sure who the first DJ was when we got there but he played a cracking set including loads of classics which had the room bouncing nicely. Everyone was in a great mood given it was NYD and it is probably one of the best nights out clubbing I have had for a while.

I would definitely recommend Ibiza in the winter. It is obviously quieter and lots of places are closed but if you love the island and stay in Ibiza Town where there are quite a few bars and restaurants open then it is great. We'll be going back next year :D

One of the best bits for my misses was that it was actually not really hot. For once we could take long walks around the island without dripping in sweat. Had some nice long chilled walks on the beach and nosey arounds Dalt Villa. If you love the island then I'd recommend it.

Here are a couple of photos...

Lovely sunny day...

5333820003_46383c19e6.jpg

DC10 on NYD!

5334435200_518c04a99b.jpg

5334433804_59b1b01bb0.jpg

Ushuaia...

5333815875_4b2816b043.jpg

Dc10 looked great.i agree with you about pacha music style too.maybe because it was nye that drink prices were the same as summer.im going long weekend feb 18th cant wait now..har har..grail is where im lookin forward to going too.talking to people there during summer they say its really good during winter.gave up going to pacha in 96 or 97 just to much of a rip off and when they stopped doing the moondance nights that was it for me..

Back