ny times article- anyone read it?

C

chepeibz

mobile.nytimes.com/2013/04/08/arts/music/pacha-in-ibiza-feels-dance-clubs-center-of-gravity-shift.html?btnG=Search&pagewanted=all&

While I have distanced myself from dance music furthermore, mainly because it really hasn't evolved. (Or so I feel)

I hate the dissentful, arrogant, sweeping tone of this article.
Typical american snobbery.
While I am more entuned with the indie scene of the usa, the more it seems it pushes you away. Just like dance music has its micro-culture complexes and problems. So does the american folk-rock, indie scene that alienates people to the point of being a self monopoly-glory holed cornered artiste market.
That will only play to a similarly micro or semi- macro cultured environment. This article really irks me bad, especially with the fact that the writter is latino. While some points are dead true, I am not going to justsit here and let some elite social culture dictate who I am based on the fact that I happen to like repetitive beats. And if they are repetitive, I think I happen to have good taste.

And really, drugs??- stalking?? This coming from a 6os generation that bred lsd, acid, pot, hash and mashroom use??- a generation that bred motorcycle gangs like hells angels???
Oh thank you for the dissentful tone. Mr barrionuevo, douchebag!

Last edited by a moderator:
I can imagine, it is an older article but before I joined the board. That guy who wrote is, is a dick.
I would just like to say, I like this music but I know I am not crazed. I have clear satiation points. The whole elite opinion in terms of culture seems to undermind a lot. And given the proportion in terms of money of how much we spend, I would say that is a big slap to us who support the clubs. Wow- whatever. I just wanted to vent.

I've never understood why DJ's get slated for high fees. You wouldn't quetion the money a band or singer gets for a gig would you? What's the difference?

Back