Nudist Beaches - suncream???

andrewhowie22

Just got back from a lovely fortnight on the island and had a discussion with the wife about getting rid of the white bits next year. What I wondered if my fellow spotlighters may know is what is the advice and etiquette for suncream on more, ahem, sensitive areas???
Can imagine there are several places one would not wish to be burnt....

pretty simple, factor 50 or above for those bits that normally don't see the sun.

Can that be gradually reduced as I was down to a factor 2 on normally exposed bits?

on your own risk. everyone has a different skin. I personally never go below factor 10 or 15 no matter how tanned I am already (and I'm talking about the 'always out in the sun' bits there). but with the other bits you definitely want to make sure you don't get burned ;)

Willies actually don't burn very easily and bums have pretty tough skin it's more the adjacent areas which are more prone to burn. ... just be sensible with the suncream at first. If you're outdoors a great deal in summer clothes it's almost impossible to get rid of all tan lines unless you spend days on end in the buff. Which isn't really an option for most !!!!!!!

As it happens the next few years we had friends or family come out with us so was never really an option. Out at end of June for a few days, just the two of us, so we will see whether I still fancy getting my 7 year older body fully out 🙃

One of the advantages of being black is that we don't burn (easily), but after several days in the sun my skin does dry out a bit. The same for wifey who's genetics are from southern Italy. For the darker nudists on the forum a bit of aloe or coconut oil AFTER a day in the sun is really helpful.

Back