NIE/living

J.D.

Bonjourino, I'm lookin to head to Ibiza start of June and was wondering if it would be tough to find an apartment with some other folks without an NIE number. I'm sure I could find some sort of work without one but I need a place to shack up and I know i wont have one for my stay. If anyone could shead some light on my situation it would be much appreciated.

Cheers.

you don't need an nie to rent an apartment though you may need some proof of identity such as your passport. as for work without one, yes there are some employers who operate on the fringes of fiscal legality (usually where the business is cash based) who employ workers without papers. work for them and you aren't covered for insurance, health, legal rights etc plus when they don't pay you or tell you to go away you have no recourse. so think about that and get a nie - vale la pena - it's worth the trouble.

Hey

I'm off out there in june and i know you will need to go to the police station with your passport and a photocopy and x2 photos

See you out there
Nx

Hey better still, cause it looks like i may be wrong, look on the sticky by james on papers permits and contracts, its the first thing on there

Nx

Back