Nice places to stay in San Miguel

sweet sensation

Posted this in open chat but guessing more people look in here......so if anyone can help.....:)

Has anyone got any personal recommendations for nice places to stay in San Miguel? We're going to a wedding at the end of September and it also coincides with my birthday(ish) plus a new arrival to our family so would like somewhere nice and baby friendly :) It will only be for a few days as we are thinking of staying at the Hacienda for 1 or 2 nights aswell (a treat!) so it doesnt have to be really cheap but obviously not as expensive as the Hacienda :lol:

lots of nice places in that area. Villa Can Maries, Can Planelles, there is one other on the road down into Puerto San Miguel that i cant think off at the min. It will come to me...

Also check out the Apartments Balansat Prestige overlooking the beach in Puerto San Miguel. Family complex, with 3 levels of accommodation.

Thank you, those first 2 places look really nice but they are not too far off what the hacienda has quoted us price wise. Can you think of any a little bit cheaper?

Cheers :)

dont really want to stay somewhere where there is going to be loads of kids as we are not bringing our 2 eldest. Its just me, pauly and our new baby (who will be at the most 6 weeks old!), so want somewhere quiet and chilled. Would love to stay in the Hacienda for the whole time but its a bit too much money lol!

was hoping for some personal recommendations from anyone who has stayed somewhere there. we have only ever done day trips to san miguel, havent stayed that north yet so dont know much about the area at all.

ideally looking to stay somewhere (cheaper) for 2 nights then off to hacienda for 2/3 nights

I have stayed in San Miguel on a number of occasions. Its a family resort so its full of kids. Everywhere else in that area are agrotourism hotels....so not cheap. You need to compromise.

I dont mind some kids lol! The impression I got from the apartments was that it was very busy with familys, lots of kids activities etc and lots of rooms! I read some reviews and a few said it was very noisy! Im guessing with a 6 weeks old baby Im not going to be getting much sleep at night, so dont want somewhere really noisy during the day! On the other hand the prestige ones seemed better. Have you stayed there?

Yes I have. Good safe family complex with a great fish restaurant in situ...the Balansat.

Ask for an apartment in the Torremar building overlooking the farmers fields. V quiet that side and 150m from the noisy Irish bar.

Yes I have. Good safe family complex with a great fish restaurant in situ...the Balansat.

Ask for an apartment in the Torremar building overlooking the farmers fields. V quiet that side and 150m from the noisy Irish bar.

Ok cool. Did you book through spotlight or direct with them?

Posted this in open chat but guessing more people look in here......so if anyone can help.....:)

Has anyone got any personal recommendations for nice places to stay in San Miguel? We're going to a wedding at the end of September and it also coincides with my birthday(ish) plus a new arrival to our family so would like somewhere nice and baby friendly :) It will only be for a few days as we are thinking of staying at the Hacienda for 1 or 2 nights aswell (a treat!) so it doesnt have to be really cheap but obviously not as expensive as the Hacienda :lol:

Me and the wife are staying here in september : -

http://www.casavildamarge.com/content/page.php?id=2&lang=2

Not quite San Miguel but in San Joan so not far away. Can't give you a review of the place as we have never been but very reasonably priced... ;)

the Prestige are really nice....make sure you ask for a seaview.

Oh right, I asked for a baby cot and an apartment in the quietest part of the hotel. I presumed (judging by the right up) that all the prestige apartments had a seaview?

From memory, I think there is a few that face the back. Just request a seaview to be sure.

From memory, I think there is a few that face the back. Just request a seaview to be sure.

Just emailed spotlight as I booked through them (as it was 50 euros cheaper than direct with the hotel???) Go figure! Thanks for the heads up :D

Back