Next time I´m going to...

I think Kimajy is okay, just very busy rennovating a house (again, I think). We have occasional conversations about foraging and related topics. :lol:
I'm still alive - just sank under the demands of an ageing parent, ageing dog, aged house and having to fit in around a year's normal work into 3 months after Summer. It's been crisis after crisis for many I've known for years, no sooner was one situation stabilized than another blew up. Gave up on "having a life" and shut down social media and forums etc to try to get it all under control by Christmas. It kind of is, just, but I'm left not having even sent a Christmas card, racked the wine I made in September or cut the grass for 3 months. Suffice to say I'm pretty burned out and fragile right now surrounded by unfinished domestic stuff and undone things I'd wanted to do on the personal front. So full of Christmas cheer ! Anyway, there's food for the table, heating oil in the tank and the dog has recovered from getting savaged by a hunting dog off the lead in the village so he's able to tear open a toy and enjoy a Christmas lunch and for all that I am very grateful 🙏

I'm still alive - just sank under the demands of an ageing parent, ageing dog, aged house and having to fit in around a year's normal work into 3 months after Summer. It's been crisis after crisis for many I've known for years, no sooner was one situation stabilized than another blew up. Gave up on "having a life" and shut down social media and forums etc to try to get it all under control by Christmas. It kind of is, just, but I'm left not having even sent a Christmas card, racked the wine I made in September or cut the grass for 3 months. Suffice to say I'm pretty burned out and fragile right now surrounded by unfinished domestic stuff and undone things I'd wanted to do on the personal front. So full of Christmas cheer ! Anyway, there's food for the table, heating oil in the tank and the dog has recovered from getting savaged by a hunting dog off the lead in the village so he's able to tear open a toy and enjoy a Christmas lunch and for all that I am very grateful 🙏
Merry Xmas mate, and best wishes for a better year in 2023.

Merry Christmas, hope 2023 is a better one for you.

Alex, have a lovely New year, I hope everything is OK for you 🙏

Good to know you are surviving. It will be all the sweeter once you are able to get out and about again.

Hope things improve for you soon!

Thanks all and hope you had a lovely day. Waitrose entertaining and the Hotel Sacher saved my butt this year ... I managed all the veg and some fresh mint sauce made with raw apple cider vinegar, but the slow cooked lamb shoulder and Sachertorte were all theirs. The 🐕 loved his toy, unwrapping it even more so, and my sister finally got up off the sofa to help my mum put her giant baubles up after lunch :)oops:) which I've just not had time to help with... so we just about got there in the end 🤣

Back