newbies

Reese & Dave

We are in the process of scheduling our first trip to the island this winter. Yes we know it is quiet then but it will be our first chance to take a vacation in a bit. We are thinking of arriving around Dec. 21-3 and leaving Jan. 2-4. Would we be totally out of our minds for staying that long. When we went to the ferry website, it shows that ferrys dont run after mid of Dec;, therefore, will we want to fly to the island. I noticed post about Air Berlin, is that cheapest option but am unsure if those rates would be accurate come winter and if that precludes us from island hopping a bit. Also do people island hop at all? Please give us some guidance as we are desperate for fun.

We are in the process of scheduling our first trip to the island this winter. Yes we know it is quiet then but it will be our first chance to take a vacation in a bit. We are thinking of arriving around Dec. 21-3 and leaving Jan. 2-4. Would we be totally out of our minds for staying that long. When we went to the ferry website, it shows that ferrys dont run after mid of Dec;, therefore, will we want to fly to the island. I noticed post about Air Berlin, is that cheapest option but am unsure if those rates would be accurate come winter and if that precludes us from island hopping a bit. Also do people island hop at all? Please give us some guidance as we are desperate for fun.

Hola,

There are ferries running all year long, maybe the prices for the winter season have not been released yet.
Bear in mind that 25th and 26th december is Bank Holiday, and the 1st january aswell.
There are few regulars who will be there for NYE, make a search with the search option above and you may find usefull information re flights

I found Air Berlin the cheapest for NYE. I think Barbie is flying with Iberia but she booked hers AGES ago :lol:

I found Air Berlin the cheapest for NYE. I think Barbie is flying with Iberia but she booked hers AGES ago :lol:

Yes I did get really cheap flights from Heathrow with Iberia but as Sirens says it was quite a while back :oops: :lol:

Have you booked your accomodation yet?? I still haven't got round to it yet, bit late for me by my standards :oops: :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
:oops: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Have you booked your accomodation yet?? I still haven't got round to it yet, bit late for my standards :oops: :lol:

No we are booking this weekend when we are all stone cold sober :)
Do you know if Space is open, or will it be Pacha then DC10 8)

(guess what... I have even decided what I am wearing for NYE :oops: :lol: )

No we are booking this weekend when we are all stone cold sober :)
Do you know if Space is open, or will it be Pacha then DC10 8)

(guess what... I have even decided what I am wearing for NYE :oops: :lol: )

When we went before Space was open on NYD but the last couple of years it's been DC10 - with the manana manana lifestyle they probably won't announce it til mid-December but anywhere beats cold grey England on NYD :twisted:

I bet your b/friend loved that :lol: ;) I think Tom would lock me in the naughty cupboard if I started talking NYE costumes :oops: :lol:

Getting back to my question

Is/Are 10 or so days too much time to spend in Ibiza over a winter holiday? If so do people island hop or do they make a shorter vacation? We need to make accomodations soon and our only options are 1 or 2 weeks.

why are your options one or two weeks? i just picked out a hotel at random - the argos at talamanca - who have availability between your dates ( i checked 3 and 10 days).

if you want to island hop then it is possible - ibiza is completely different in winter to the party scene of summer - it's horses for courses, i love it, you might too, or you might not.......

As Stephen says we've been looking for accomodation for 5 nights over NYE and everywhere I checked was taking bookings for those amount of days so it doesn't look you have to be restricted to a week/2 weeks.

www.skyscanner.net is a good website that searches loads of airlines for you and shows you cheapest flights. Be warned tho flights go up loads the closer you get to December so best to book early.

The vacation club that we are a member (for free) where he works requires weekly increments for our vacation so that is why I mentioned one or two weeks for optimal vacation. So your thoughts?

if it's free then book for two weeks and if you're fed up after 9 days go somewhere else?

Back