New in Ibiza

jpolack77

Hi, I'm is my first time in Ibiza and I'm so excited, but I dont know where to stay, I'm looking for some recomendation in hotels,cause I want to stay where the actions ARE, close to the bars, I dont have any idea how Ibiza is , I have the idea that is like South beach that every bar y close to the other and I can do bar hopping, I'm going to be there just 2 days on my birthday and I want to do and know as much as I can.
Thank you,

Where did you intend on staying? In general, there are 2 main resorts which people normally flock to; Playa Den Bossa & San Antonio.

Without going into too much detail (you can research it yourself), PDB hosts a much more continental, multi-cultural crowd, perhaps slightly older and often wealthier people stay here. It plays hosts to beaches such as Bora Bora and clubs such as Space, Sankeys & Ushuaia. There are bars but not like in San Antonio.

San Antonio seems to be a younger crowd, and predominantly British & Irish. It is a cheaper resort both to stay in, and for food/drink. It plays host to The West End where you can certainly bar hop and get cheap drink deals. It also has Eden & Es Paradis. Lastly it also has Mambos/Cafe Del Mar and the sunset strip where 100s gather each night for the sunset and the Pacha pre-party (among others).

Hi, thank you very much for ur answer... I have a better idea now, but about older on PDB I'm going to be 36, so I dont really want to party with 18or 21 yrs old kids getting drunk, I want to party all night long dancing and having fun without trouble. I dont know where to stay en PDB, do you have any recomendations on a particular hotels, I'm a women and I want security more than anything else... the other is do I have to pay in order to get in the hotels pool parties, or I can just go and drink, so I can enjoy their parties? ...
Thanks again for ur help.

Hi, thank you very much for ur answer... I have a better idea now, but about older on PDB I'm going to be 36, so I dont really want to party with 18or 21 yrs old kids getting drunk, I want to party all night long dancing and having fun without trouble. I dont know where to stay en PDB, do you have any recomendations on a particular hotels, I'm a women and I want security more than anything else... the other is do I have to pay in order to get in the hotels pool parties, or I can just go and drink, so I can enjoy their parties? ...

I don't know much about staying in PDB but I don't think you can go wrong with something in the Jet Complex. Lively complex, day parties, Bora Bora on your doorstep, close to Ushuaia, Space & Sankeys. Others may have more recommendations on hotels but I think it will depend on your budget.

Definitely don't stay at Jet Complex then ! Garbi is popular with some of the more mature clubbers. Just a thought. PDB is basically a flat as a pancake tourist strip full of gaudy bars & cafes, beachwear shops, 24-hr off-licences etc. There are a few nice beach clubs mainly centered around the Southern end of the beach and 2 decent clubs (Sankeys & Space). There are some decent little bars there and it's extremely convenient for the airport comings and goings (only a few mins drive away). It's not that big and sprawls into Figueretas and on to Ibiza Town where Pacha and Booom are.

If you want classier stuff then Marina Botafoch and Ibiza Town are the places to be. There are loads of bars in the Port area but it's not a beach resort.

Concur with that, pdb - while nice, seems a bit of a mess within a mess.

I would recommend ibiza town, it seems more serene , jovial, cosmopolitan but holding aspects of a quaint little port town with bustling day life. All apart from the cosmos of beach debauchary in pdb, with its continental monied crowd mixed in with others.

Quite strange at times, I saw a huge fight break out at jet apartments and two small ones at bora bora.

On that note:
Pdb is where the clubbing cosmos trails its stardust of egos and party people. Where it all ends and begins. Interesting place , a bit too in your face actually. If you need some sleep , I recommend ibiza town.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ well put chepito. If your there for 2 days and want to be near the 'action' I would still stay in pdb but either go abit more upmarket like the Garbi or if you want cheaper stay slightly further back from the Jet complex then you can pick and choose how close to the parties you want to stay. The Jet really is party central and staying there can be some people's idea of hell or heaven depending what you want. In pdb you will never be more than about 10 mins walk from the beach, bare in mind some parties on the beach can be right up the other end and its a lonnng beach!

there is a non stop party at the pool in the jet complex which is free and you can just go there no problem. Next to it is the Bora Bora bar which again is an all day party that gets going more around 2-4pm. There are other individual parties going on further up the beack but not always daily at Delano (just past bora bora) and Sirocco (right up the other end to the right if your looking at the sea). And of course there is Ushuaia and the Ushuaia Tower which host daily parties on a much bigger scale but you need to get a ticket. hope that helps

Last edited by a moderator:
I do, be it only 4/5 hours. The poster is 36 years of age and I should imagine that being woken up by groups of younger undesirables who are trying to prove a point by staying up may not be quite to their liking ?
Do people do that in Ibiza? ;)

I do, be it only 4/5 hours. The poster is 36 years of age and I should imagine that being woken up by groups of younger undesirables who are trying to prove a point by staying up may not be quite to their liking ?

I was joking... I also like to get 4-5 hours sleep.

Thanks to all of u, it give and idea, I look at the Garbi but is sold out for my dates, I think I will stay in San Antonio there is one call El Coto apt it looks good.
I do have one more question, do I need a reservation to go to Blue Marlin just to relax and have a drink, I'm going to be there on Sep 16, so I thought it is not crazy busy but I hear is a little crowded sometimes.

Thanks again.

Thanks to all of u, it give and idea, I look at the Garbi but is sold out for my dates, I think I will stay in San Antonio there is one call El Coto apt it looks good.
I do have one more question, do I need a reservation to go to Blue Marlin just to relax and have a drink, I'm going to be there on Sep 16, so I thought it is not crazy busy but I hear is a little crowded sometimes.

Thanks again.

El Coto is at Cala Gracio and that's a nice location. It's well away from the noise but a fair walk from San Antonio - you may well want to take cabs in and out especially on a short trip. Calo d'es Moro is much closer and within walking distance of the bars etc. but far enough away to be pretty quiet at night.

You don't need to book to hang out at Blue Marlin. But if you want to spend hundreds of euros on a VIP bed etc. it would be as well to.

San Antonio is likely to be pretty quiet in mid-September, relatively speaking. Just bear in mind it's about a 70Euro return taxi ride from Playa d'en Bossa / Ibiza Town / Airport / Blue Marlin so this does add up if you don't have a hire car.

Back