New BA flights

kimajy

Just stumbled across some new British Airways flights - from Heathrow (finally !) and also from Edinburgh. The Edinburgh ones have some pretty antisocial timings but nonetheless £150 with checked bag for opening parties is OK.

The Heathrow ones are the most exciting - but looking pretty expensive, unfortunately. Nonetheless, not having to endure the drive from Gatwick, Luton or (god forbid) London City / Southend / Stanstead is a big bonus for anyone living in the M40/M4 catchment.

Seen the Edinburgh flights but it was expensive for the time we wanted to fly in September. Got a flight for £240 return with Thomsons which I couldn't grumble about.

On top there Saturday and Sunday flights, BA now plan a 14:00 leaving Heathrow on Tuesday and Thursday during peak times.

Check out Norwegian Air from Gatwick. We paid £58 return for the closing parties this year. Not the best times in the world, but cheap.

Have to say, having flown with BA this several times this winter reminds you how pleasurable it used to be before the undignified cattle like experience of Ryanair flights! Pleasant and helpful cabin crew, free on board food & drink, none of the nonsense of having to shoehorn ones cabin bag into 'the cage'. And very reasonable price, approx €200 return most trips IBZ -London City. Seems like BA are trying hard to win back customers.

Check out Norwegian Air from Gatwick. We paid £58 return for the closing parties this year. Not the best times in the world, but cheap.

Yeah I saw those - looks good and so long as you don't wind up blowing the savings on out of hours hire car surcharges :)rolleyes:) a very good deal. Most of the May outbounds from West of London are pretty pricey for short trips (i.e. over £100 return :p !) even if you can get the inbounds for 20 Euros ! Still find it hard to spank £100 on speculative tickets this far in advance as there's an 80%+ chance something comes up near the time where I wind up pulling the plug and wasting a load of money. Need more of the old last minute £39 Thomson / Thomas Cook seat sales :) - but these seem to be rarer and rarer these days for Ibiza.

Oh sweet, any flight from heathrow is a bonus as its close to me and we get free parking.

Norwegian air flights are coming in cheap for when i am looking as well, approx £100 return from gatwick - cant moan at that.

Oh sweet, any flight from heathrow is a bonus as its close to me and we get free parking.

BA are going for it this year! Was just looking at Thursday's as an example during July-September and they have SIX FLIGHTS from London:

London City (3 Flights):
09:10
10:50
14:20

Heathrow (1 Flight):
14:00

Gatwick (2 Flights):
19:50
20:50

BA are going for it this year! Was just looking at Thursday's as an example during July-September and they have SIX FLIGHTS from London:

London City (3 Flights):
09:10
10:50
14:20

Heathrow (1 Flight):
14:00

Gatwick (2 Flights):
19:50
20:50

Loving the heathrow one esp as the time is a decent one, which i wasnt really expecting. Do they only start in July though?

Loving the heathrow one esp as the time is a decent one, which i wasnt really expecting. Do they only start in July though?

The 14:00 Heathrow BA flight will run EVERY Tuesday & Thursday from 01 April until 23 October (not a typo). I believe a lot of the thought behind the Heathrow flights is so that BA can traffic some more US travel there and link up with their long-haul network. I did the 07:00 Heathrow flight a few Sundays last year and quite a few US people who had just landed from NYC etc.

The 14:00 Heathrow BA flight will run EVERY Tuesday & Thursday from 01 April until 23 October (not a typo). I believe a lot of the thought behind the Heathrow flights is so that BA can traffic some more US travel there and link up with their long-haul network. I did the 07:00 Heathrow flight a few Sundays last year and quite a few US people who had just landed from NYC etc.

I think most US flights tend to land early morning so 14:00 would give a bit of a long layover...

I know last year all the flights i looked at landed early morning. Mine went via AMS and got in like 6am. And there were a few on BA that landed at heathrow around 7am (and you had to transfer to London City! no thanks).

i just looked... for suumertime on June 4th for example. 1st flight lands at 6am, next at 7am, next at 9am, next at 10am, next at 11am, next at 135pm.

** note - some of the flights i'm seeing are connecting somewhere in the US first and no direct **

non-stop 10am is 1st I see on that date.

I flew with BA last week to London City, most enjoyable!
Yeah I flew to Amsterdam with them and it was lovely.
So we've just booked connected flights from Glasgow to Ibiza for end of April. Compared with Ryanair, once you add baggage n stuff, it wasn't much difference. Plus ye get a wee drink n a packet a crisps off BA for nowt!

Go for the carribean mix pack, mmm...

Back