Need Advice! First Timers--which parties are MUST do?

missflorida

Ok, 4 Americans ALL FIRST TIMERS will be there Sept. 24-29th....I really need some advice about which parties we should do...I am the only one in the group that actually knows about the DJ's and has done most of the research, yet I would appreciate the expert advice from all of YOU!

So here is what I've got to work with:

THURS Sept 25: already planning for F*ck Me I'm Famous w/David Guetta at Pacha(choosing this over PVD at Amnesia) good, right?

FRI Sept 26: Wonderland w/Pete Tong & Groove Armada @ Eden VS. El Divino closing parting WHICH ONE??

SAT Sept 27: Amnesia closing party VS. Eden closing party VS. El Divino closing party (which by the way El Divino is listed for a closing on both FRI & Sat--not sure the difference)

SUN Sept 28: Space closing party (DUH!) :)

Basically I think that for sure we are going to do Pacha on Thurs and Space on Sun then we need to fill in the gaps....Amnesia is the other one I want to do, but want to make sure we won't be missing out on something better. So....any advice about this schedule would be very welcoming!

P.S. As Americans I hope we can party w/ y'all since we usually get going at 10 pm and are done by 4 am. LOL :eek:

thurs.. i would go to neither.. you couldn't pay me to go to Cream or **** me I'm famous... I'd pick Danny tenaglia or Monza

Fri: again neither.. would not want to got o wonderland.. can't stand Pete tong and not a fan of Eden.. Fri really isn't that much of a big night for me.. there's pure pacha, which is better than hwat you suggeted, but stil pure pacha is not really that great unless there was a good guest IMO.

Sat.. I would go to Matinee.. however, not so sure now that the day parties are gone.

Sunday, yes, it's the we love closing party ( not the space closing party)

depends on the music you like as well.. it seems that we have pretty different musical tastes as I wouodln't go to any of those parties... aside from We love... which in my opinion is good.. but not as good as other parties at space.

well make sure you don't miss amnesia closing party - last year's was mindblowing!

Cool thx for the replies! Yeah, I agree we'll most likely do Amnesia closing...so that just leaves Friday up in the air....I'm thinking that since my friends aren't huge up on this music scene (but they know who David Guetta is since they are finally playing it on the radio here) we'll stick to the big Pacha and Space nights.

I really hope that we chose a good week to go the last week in September...I want it to be busy in the clubs! Ok a couple more Q's:

What's the deal with taking the Disco bus? Is it not worth the time waiting for it? Or is it pretty easy and accessible? We'll be staying in San An the first 3 nights and Playa d'en bossa the second 2 nights....are taxis pretty easy to get after leaving the clubs--are they all lined up outside?

Also, what's the dress in Pacha? Is it more upscale? If guys wear jeans and a t-shirt is that ok?

I'll be there at the same time as you ( providing they don't make any more stupid laws or close anymore clubs!) and hopefully the clubs will be busy.. I've usually gone at the end of August / beginning pf september and once in mid-August.

In my opinion, the **** me I'm famous night, just isn't a 'clubbing' night... not my idea of clubbing anyway.. I'm sure you'll have fun

Taxis can be hard to find at the end of the nightt. have you thought about hiring a car since there will be a group of you?

yes a guy can wear jeans and t-shirt to pacha

Last edited by a moderator:
We haven't thought about renting a car.....but maybe we should?? Since we will be staying a few nights in San An, and a few nights in Playa d'en Bossa that might be a good idea.....is it difficult to drive or find your way around? What's the parking situation like around the island? I think one deterrent of renting a car though is the fact that we don't want to be driving after leaving the clubs so maybe the cost of taking a taxi to and from all those nights wouldn't be worth it on top of renting a car....hmmm, thoughts?

Thx!

I've always hired a car... even to get around to see the island you need a car. Driving is easy, no problem.. and will be cheap if shared between you. I still get a car when I go on my own. Couldn't imagine going to Ibiza without hiring a car.

Looks pretty good to me

Hey if I was there on those dates, that's exactly the line-up I'd go for. All those nights should be busy & pretty banging. See feedback below:

THURS Sept 25: F*ck Me I'm Famous w/David Guetta at Pacha(choosing this over PVD at Amnesia) good, right?
FMIF = house a bit more commercial (but not too cheezy). Cream = banging trance. Both top night

FRI Sept 26: Wonderland w/Pete Tong & Groove Armada @ Eden VS. El Divino closing parting WHICH ONE??
Eden every time, Tong & GA will rock it. El divino is a much smaller venue, not as epic

SAT Sept 27: Amnesia closing party VS. Eden closing party VS. El Divino closing party (which by the way El Divino is listed for a closing on both FRI & Sat--not sure the difference)
Amnesia absolutely no questions

SUN Sept 28: Space closing party (DUH!) :)

so basically I'd do FMIF, Eden, Amnesia, Space. Easy.
This will be mental!

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool, thx for the feedback Perleman! Yeah I am pretty sure that is exactly what we are going to do! At first I was a bit wary about booking late September but with this lineup I feel good! So excited :)

Back