Nadal vs Federer

WeLuvIbiza

Two goliaths of the game going head to head, no finer sporting viewing ever. Nadal's fitness is extraordinary.

2 sets up, it looks like Nadal just has too much power for the ageing (in tennis terms) Federer. It could be a case of Barca v Utd again but I do hope Federer Utd can at least put up some resistance. If he starts properly fighting back though we could be in for the game of the century...

Just fell short in the fourth set of mounting into a hall of fame battle. What amazing players these two are, an absolute privilege to watch them going hammer and tong. The periods during the match when they were both in top gear are a spectacle to cherish.

Last edited by a moderator:
nadal won without getting out of 2nd gear.

in fact, even by his own admission, he's won at least 2 or 3 other french opens without ever really playing well at all.

he's already my greatest sportsman of all time

Have thought about this game all evening. I find it hard to articulate just how much respect these two deserve. The grace of Fed when he is at his best vs the almost unbelievable athleticism and ball play from Nadal is awesome. My children will be pointed at these two for inspiration for how to achieve whatever they desire. The focus displayed by Nadal is almost freakish. It will be really interesting to see how Djokovic comes out of this tournament, the pundits were describing him as unbeatable coming into the tournament. Until meeting Fed he was playing exactly as though he believed he was invincible. Anyone who thinks Murray will get within sniffing distance of a slam in the next few years is in cuckoo land. A few years ago (10 to 12), Murray would have won a slam, now he can only look on in awe.

Just seen your post, grego. It's harsh to suggest Nadal never left cruise control today, we probably saw some of the best tennis he has ever played. His game today would probably have won any slam final every played, that much is true. On clay he owns Fed, sadly Fed has let this eat him up for many years. Nadal would have smashed Djokovic into a million pieces today, for that the Serb should be thankful he didn't make the final.

I will go to bed every night hoping and praying for a Fed / Nadal Wimbledon and US final. Fed is p*ssed the pundits have written him off, to bounce back and make a game of the French on his least favoured surface is not a bad marker.

And it bugs me no end that my missus has been like a girl with a schoolyard crush on the Spaniard for the past five years:lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Amazing match.. as was Fed and Djokovic on friday. Can't wait for Wimbledon.
It could be anyone of novak, fed or nadal.. heck even Murray has an outside chance

Just as side issue.. mens' game is so far ahead of the womens at the moment it's ridiculous. I hadn't even heard of the women who got the final . I use to be for the idea of equal pay.. but now I'm thinking that can't be right.

If the two television rights were bid on separately id say the women's coverage would be sold for less than half of the mens.

Back