My Travel Cash - card arrives out of the blue!!

WeLuvIbiza

To continue the post office queue theme....

Recently booked flights and accommodation for Ibiza.

I must have missed unchecking a box somewhere during the booking process. Today in the post I received a Mastercard Mytravelcash card. It supposedly offers far better exchange rates when topped up online. It is a pre pay card to be topped up online and used like a normal Mastercard whilst abroad. I checked their website and the rates seem to be inline with the general exchange rate so no bebefit over using normal maestro.

Has anyone else ended up with one of these cards without requesting it as part of a holiday booking process?

I got one these back in 2006. Just one problem, think it was a sunday and every cash machine in San An had ran out of cash, No Joke! had to borrow off a friend til they refilled then 2 days later.

You also get charged for every withdrawl and as they is a limit to what you can withdraw you get a lot of charges!!

Stick with cash or travellers cheques!

Stick with cash or travellers cheques!
I'd rather pay a couple of pounds (my bank charges me 100 rubles = 2 pounds per withdrawal) than deal with the hassle of travelers checks or the general stupidity of carrying around a wad of cash :!:

When I've run across an empty bank machine in Playa den Bossa, the most I've ever had to walk to find another one with money is a block.

I advocate to many friends the benefits of simply using a cash machine whilst they still mess around with travellers cheques and other such clutter.

Obviously this card is worthless and not a security risk but the point of me receiving it without positively requesting it, ie; by default is another attempt by a company to get their hands on my dosh!

I advocate to many friends the benefits of simply using a cash machine whilst they still mess around with travellers cheques and other such clutter.

Obviously this card is worthless and not a security risk but the point of me receiving it without positively requesting it, ie; by default is another attempt by a company to get their hands on my dosh!

Absobloodyexactly.

Back