My Football Club

Morbyd

Everyone heard about this?

http://www.myfootballclub.co.uk/

Progress has slowed lately but only 7,500 people away from the target og 50000 (assuming everyone who's registered ponies up their 35 quid)

I joined a while ago and voted for them to buy Barnet as a) it's in London and b) a good friend of mine was a childhood supporter (before moving on to Spurs. ugh!). QPR would also be convenient (though I'm not sure how Fronty would feel about it :lol:)

Looks like a good money making scam to me, what does one actually get out of it?

You'd be better off buying championship manager for the PC.

PS-Plus it only seems to have English divisions :rolleyes:

Money making scam? Doubt the guy could get away with a scam seeing as this has been reported in all the major UK newspapers and TV stations!

He's even got Electronic Arts (who, if I'm not mistaken, created Championship Manager) as a sponsor. EA will throw in extra money towards the purchase of whatever club is chosen.

The idea is that, once 50000 people is reached, everyone puts up their 35 pounds and this guy goes out and starts negotiating to buy a team. The voting is only for which clubs they should go after first (obviously some, like Man U, are not realistic... Barnet or QPR might be). The goal is to get to the Premiership.

Yes, it's English teams only! Who wants to own a Scottish club?! :lol: ;)

The 50000 shareholders will also vote on transfers, team selection, etc. through the site. There is no manager... just a head coach (who, as the theory goes, would concentrate just on getting the best out of the players)

Oh right i suppose i didn't read through all the FAQ then, ive no interest in owning an English club (well maybe Man United might tempt me:lol:) i used to have shares in Celtic but had to sell them as i was broke.:confused:

Don't worry... everyone else sold their Man U shares as well ;)
(when are they going to start with the Red Devil cheerleaders for halftime and start serving McFood!?!? :lol:)

They hit 53000 members so the cash call is underway.

This time next month I could own a (very small) stake in some random League 2 club :lol:

He's even got Electronic Arts (who, if I'm not mistaken, created Championship Manager) as a sponsor.

you are mistaken.

The Original CM was created by Sports Interactive, and was published by Eidos.

since 2005 though, SI split with Eidos, and as they owned the rights to the game engine and not the game, has become Football Manager XXXX - published by SEGA. the new "CM" is an entirely new game engine.

;)

They hit 53000 members so the cash call is underway.

This time next month I could own a (very small) stake in some random League 2 club :lol:

ive signed up.

should keep me busy, and i shall endevour to bring Ronaldinho into a successful winning conference side. 8)

ive signed up.

should keep me busy, and i shall endevour to bring Ronaldinho into a successful winning conference side. 8)
Well, according to Jonny, if we show the team has enough worldwide support and offer enough money, we can get Thierry Henry to sign! :lol:

you are mistaken.

The Original CM was created by Sports Interactive, and was published by Eidos.

since 2005 though, SI split with Eidos, and as they owned the rights to the game engine and not the game, has become Football Manager XXXX - published by SEGA. the new "CM" is an entirely new game engine.

;)
Hmmm... really? (shows how little I play video games :lol:)

Well EA must have some big football game or else their sponsorship doesn't make much sense!

Hmmm... really? (shows how little I play video games :lol:)

Well EA must have some big football game or else their sponsorship doesn't make much sense!

they got the top FIFA licence (FIFA XX, and some half arsed management game)... have had for donkeys years. shame the game aint as good as pro evo yet.

I read the T&Cs a while back and my understanding is you don't actually own anything, it's just a right to vote on the shares that your £35 bought - and there's an annual membership to continue doing so..

As I understand it, the members will collectively own the legal structure that will be set up to own the team.

The annual membership can be thought of as a cash call to shareholders.

I don't think they've figured out what to do legally if people want to sell their shares or don't pay the annual fee...

Back