My first experience of Ibiza....

Before I left, in the early part of Sept, I was very apprehensive due to some rather negative reviews. You are crazy if you can't have a great time in Ibiza. I thought the english were some of the friendliest people I encountered, (I'm American, so it may have something to do with it.)
But I also speak Spanish, which really helps. I had the best service, smiles and chit chat with the local Spanish, even the cabbies were cool.
I loved the waitresses at Mambo, very friendly. I suggest just try to speak a little spanish, and realize you are a guest in a foreign land and you will be treatly more kindly. Much more friendly and warm than Paris, and even parts of Italy. ( And several places here in the USA!)

This was my second time in Ibiza, I had a great time but a few points,
1) San Antonio should be bombed especially the west end, a truly horrible place, full of ignorant piss heads and ignorant staff
2) The price of drink in clubs is crazy, would they not make more if the majority of people could buy 7 or 8 drinks at a reasonable price instead of 1 or 2 drinks at extortion rates, also 8 euros for 330mls of water!!

You are right. These clubs are cool, but c'mon I'm not sure they are worth 40 -50 euros, maybe 20. And the drinks, 10 euros for a Corona?!
I nursed a gin and tonic all night, cause it was so expensive.
Someone could make a lot of money if they opened a club and charged resonable prices, lets say Thu-Sun 20 euros and the rest of the week free, and no drink more than 5 euros. I thought Pacha and Space were cool clubs but they are not the end all be all, and I've too alot of clubs all over the world.

Back