Music Production - The Best Software???

Depends how you define best mate. Are you mainly using loops or recording your own stuff?

I have been getting into Ableton of late but have used Reason, Cubase and Samplitude in the past and they all have there pros and cons tbh.

All of them have a 30 day free trial download on their websites so try a few and see what feels right to you.

Depends how you define best mate. Are you mainly using loops or recording your own stuff?

I have been getting into Ableton of late but have used Reason, Cubase and Samplitude in the past and they all have there pros and cons tbh.

All of them have a 30 day free trial download on their websites so try a few and see what feels right to you.

Loops mate, its very small time what I'm doing

Just want it on my laptop for when I'm home from work, want to buy a tutorial and work through how to use the software before having the know how to get creative and hopefully start spitting out something of interest to others

Loops mate, its very small time what I'm doing

Just want it on my laptop for when I'm home from work, want to buy a tutorial and work through how to use the software before having the know how to get creative and hopefully start spitting out something of interest to others

Nowt wrong with Loops to start with mate. Ableton will probably be the best bet as it keeps everything running at the tempo you want easily. Its a bit like playing with lego too!

Download the trial on the website and see how you get on. You can buy a Lite version for about £80 to get started then upgrade later to save you shelling out for the full thing.

Last edited by a moderator:
I've been giving Ableton a test drive. I think it's ace.

I'd been daunted by other ones I've tried over the years (Reason, Cubase, etc.) - all so complicated compared to the sequencers I was using on the old Macs back in university :lol:

After trying Ableton, I still had the will to live :lol: And the tutorials get you up and running very quickly. it's got me interested in writing music again.

I've been giving Ableton a test drive. I think it's ace.

I'd been daunted by other ones I've tried over the years (Reason, Cubase, etc.) - all so complicated compared to the sequencers I was using on the old Macs back in university :lol:

After trying Ableton, I still had the will to live :lol: And the tutorials get you up and running very quickly. it's got me interested in writing music again.

Yeah I have had cubase for years and never got anywhere with it.

Ableton I have jumped right in and got some decentish tunes in the bag. Not really done any tutorials on it yet either, it just seems more user friendly imo. Just saving up the cash to buy a midi keybord to go with it.

At the moment im learning to rewire Reason into Ableton to get the best of both.

Back