Moving back to Scotland after 20 years

Fergi

Just been down the estate agents today.

Quite daunting moving back after being away for such a long time.

Has anybody else moved back to thier home town after spending such a long time away? Any stories or wisdom to impart?

Just been down the estate agents today.

Quite daunting moving back after being away for such a long time.

Has anybody else moved back to thier home town after spending such a long time away? Any stories or wisdom to impart?

Where you been and where you moving to?

Essex aint that bad Fergi. You should be able to buy a castle up there if your selling up!;)

ill give you that, although that lot are alien to the majority of us essex folk. Ive heard most of the Scots are a bit like still game and rap c Nesbit ;)

just messing, it was Fergi that introduced me to still game. Although when I was growing up I did assume Rab c Nesbit was a typical Jock.

Been to Glasgow a few times in recent years. The arts/music scene seems pretty cool and everyone I've met there has always been really sound and open-minded.

It is a great city. I'm even coming to terms with SWG3 as a replacement for The Arches, not that I go clubbing much these days. It's pretty good in there.

i lived away for about 7 years before i came home. at first it felt small after london.

but then i came to appreciate

space
cheaper cost of living
more relaxed pace of life
proximity to family and loved ones

the south east and london has a lot of things happening but not all of those things are good...

Still Game (sadly last one) just now was best of the series...abosultely superb with Craig Ferguson! Superb!

Just going home to watch it now.

When I left Glasgow the Tunnel club was in full swing and inside out at the arches starting to pull in big Djs.

just messing, it was Fergi that introduced me to still game. Although when I was growing up I did assume Rab c Nesbit was a typical Jock.
The people in still game are defo more typical of Glasgow types than Rab C.

Where you been and where you moving to?

Moved in 1998 to study in Loughborough, then moved Stoke, Derby, Skegness, Cambridge and lived in Loughton in Essex last 10 years.

Not bought a house yet just putting ours on the market now. Moving most probably to the Glasgow area as that is where I grew up.

Just going home to watch it now.

When I left Glasgow the Tunnel club was in full swing and inside out at the arches starting to pull in big Djs.
best of the series! Enjoy! The arches was a complete drug fest in the day..loved it! (still did'nt beat Flicks, Brechin!)

Back