Moving across in 2021

Ross80

Hi,

Myself and family are planning on moving across in 2021, with coming across in October to do more ground work before the big move.

I have 2 kids and looking for areas with schools and have been considering Santa Eulalia or Sant Josep de sa Talaia. However not fimiliar with either areas, any recommendations or information welcome?

I work on rotation therefore employment not an issue, but need somewhere close to local amenities for when I'm away.

My kids will be 5 & 9 when we move and away to start spanish lessons this week, however what level do they need to be at to be accepted to public schools?

Any help or guidance appreciated from other people who have moved across from the UK with little ones would be greatly welcomed.

Cheers.

Hi Ross, I think if you read and follow up a lot of the threads in this section of the forum you will find the answers you need. good luck.

Definitely make sure you get the help of a local professional to help handle all the paperwork. Things aren’t anywhere near as easy as they were pre Brexit, and it’d be a big advantage to have someone on your team who can negotiate the legal and residency lingo

(Assuming you’re UK nationals of course, although still recommended if you’re EU folk and not overly comfortable with the language)

Hi, Thanks. I have already been talking to an agency regarding visa's but so far this doesn't look so much an issue for me as im looking at non lucrative visa as working on a rotation in the UK.

Is there any other paperwork I'll need assistance with?

Yes I am a UK national.

Is there any other expat groups worth joining & local websites for property rentals, been looking at idealista as that seems the best so far.

Thanks Ross.

Hi, Thanks. I have already been talking to an agency regarding visa's but so far this doesn't look so much an issue for me as im looking at non lucrative visa as working on a rotation in the UK.

Is there any other paperwork I'll need assistance with?

Yes I am a UK national.

Is there any other expat groups worth joining & local websites for property rentals, been looking at idealista as that seems the best so far.

Thanks Ross.
Cab (citizens advice bureau) spain on fb is really helpful has lots of useless information, however beware of if you ask a question it, cab members will reply with useful information but you also get the fb members that most of the time answer with incorrect information

Direct website for cab spain here:

Thank you for all the information.

We've been looking at Santa Eulalia and Sant Josep. We don't want somewhere too quiet but at the same time don't want somewhere over run by tourists in the summer. Just looking for some advice on which area would be better with a good balance for all year living. TIA

Thank you for all the information.

We've been looking at Santa Eulalia and Sant Josep. We don't want somewhere too quiet but at the same time don't want somewhere over run by tourists in the summer. Just looking for some advice on which area would be better with a good balance for all year living. TIA

I would strongly recommend spending some time in those places first to get a feel which one you like better

I would strongly recommend spending some time in those places first to get a feel which one you like better
Yes will definitely be planning to do that, but was just wondering if anyone could share their experiences / opinions mean time ☺️

Continuing with our research and think around Santa Eulalia is the place for us. Noticed you get slightly more for your money at Roco llisa golf course side has enyone got any experience from there? Is it too quiet given we have 2 young kids and are a pretty social family.

UK house valuation is ongoing so until we get that back it's undecided if we're buying or renting. Is there any websites apart from the usuals that private landlords use? May rent initially but grudge having to pay agency fees if only for a couple of months till we find somewhere that ticks all the boxes.

Flights booked for September can't wait..

We live in Siesta, so walkable into Santa, and it’s ideal :)

Cala Llonga is dead through winter (like, not even a supermarket open) so I would definitely suggest being closer to town. Especially with kids.

We live in Siesta, so walkable into Santa, and it’s ideal :)

Cala Llonga is dead through winter (like, not even a supermarket open) so I would definitely suggest being closer to town. Especially with kids.
Thanks, have been checking that out too. Limited choice at the moment but to early anyway hopefully by September more options come up, is there any local websites with classifieds?

Another vote for Santa Eulalia area, as lovely or even more so in winter than summer. We love the place, living a mile North it's walkable for us. Just noticed the date of the last post on here. Let us know how you get on.

Another vote for Santa Eulalia area, as lovely or even more so in winter than summer. We love the place, living a mile North it's walkable for us. Just noticed the date of the last post on here. Let us know how you get on.
Hi,
We're here now, unfortunately only for a couple of weeks. Currently renting in Siesta to check out around here and Santa Eulalia, so far its all good but havent really got our bearings yet.
Due to covid dragging on the move will need to be next year now, when traveling is easier for my work.

Hi,
We're here now, unfortunately only for a couple of weeks. Currently renting in Siesta to check out around here and Santa Eulalia, so far its all good but havent really got our bearings yet.
Due to covid dragging on the move will need to be next year now, when traveling is easier for my work.
Which agent or website did you find your place on? TIA

We just booked Siesta Mar direct via its website. Its not the best tbh but cheap and serves our purpose to get fimiliar with the urbanisation where were looking to move to.

Defo is the area for us. Quiet in the evenings but close enough to town. Titanic seems fine for a pitstop, although has its fair share of characters passing through it.

haha everyone has told us about titanic. Still never been 😂

Back