Morning and Happy New Year!

Buckley

Everyone back at work?

Anyone else doing dry January? I'm only on day 2 but feeling the benefit already!8)

:lol:

I've knocked back two holiday requests for Xmas next year already this morning!:lol:

God thats a bit extreme - unless you have a holiday booked.
I must admit Ive put in a holiday request but for August and its for a valid reason.
How many have you had for that week near the wedding? Some smug so and so was boasting before xmas how he already has his in

God thats a bit extreme - unless you have a holiday booked.
I must admit Ive put in a holiday request but for August and its for a valid reason.
How many have you had for that week near the wedding? Some smug so and so was boasting before xmas how he already has his in

Same fellas tried to book that wedding week this morning.

My business goes crazy if the weather's bad so if the blokes are rota'd to be on call on Xmas Day or NYD they try and go on holiday or go sick. This year was crazy so next year I'm not granting any holiday from mid Dec to mid Jan.

(I'm actually in New York the wedding week but I'll be working from the phone, plus I worked all Xmas and NY so some staff could have leave so I think it's fair enough)

You sound a great boss!

My office works on "one rule for one, one rule for another"

I'm reasonable. I let some people have holiday this time and some of those who should have been through dodgy sickies, leaving me short of resources, so next year, everybody will in.

Same fellas tried to book that wedding week this morning.

My business goes crazy if the weather's bad so if the blokes are rota'd to be on call on Xmas Day or NYD they try and go on holiday or go sick. This year was crazy so next year I'm not granting any holiday from mid Dec to mid Jan.

(I'm actually in New York the wedding week but I'll be working from the phone, plus I worked all Xmas and NY so some staff could have leave so I think it's fair enough)

Ever thought about trying the carrot? why dont they want to be on call, presumably the cash is not good enough?!

Anyhow, i've had three weeks, 1 spent on the beach in egypt so it's difficult being in to say the least.

Plotting my next holiday to ease the pain tho. South France & San Sebastian 8)

Ever thought about trying the carrot? why dont they want to be on call, presumably the cash is not good enough?!

Anyhow, i've had three weeks, 1 spent on the beach in egypt so it's difficult being in to say the least.

Plotting my next holiday to ease the pain tho. South France & San Sebastian 8)

£200 each day Xmas Day, Boxing Day and NYD to be on call, double time at minimum nine hours paid if they get called out, plus a day in lieu.

I call that the whole carrot patch on offer, don't you? It's essentially about 5 x basic

£200 each day Xmas Day, Boxing Day and NYD to be on call, double time at minimum nine hours paid if they get called out, plus a day in lieu.

I call that the whole carrot patch on offer, don't you? It's essentially about 5 x basic

That is the whole carrot patch, granted!

Chalk me down to cover those three days this year, day in lieu not required....

Happy new year, folks.

Haha me and Chewie booked the "wedding week" off :)

3 days off = 11 days hols!!

Mind you I was in all over Xmas and have had no hols around bank holiday for over a year (unlike a certain member of my team who has managed to book around all of them as far back as I can remember)

So I guessed I was entitled. Plus Im the boss :lol:

Haha me and Chewie booked the "wedding week" off :)

3 days off = 11 days hols!!

Mind you I was in all over Xmas and have had no hols around bank holiday for over a year (unlike a certain member of my team who has managed to book around all of them as far back as I can remember)

So I guessed I was entitled. Plus Im the boss :lol:

I'd say you were more then entitled - I hate these people that always get their own way EVERYTIME!!! :lol:

I am glad to be back at work - I need structure in my life or the liklihood is that me and the sofa will become one...... :oops:

Happy New Year to all, the snow has gone, the sun is out out and its quiet at work in the office....8)

On the holiday front, I let my guys book their holiday for the following year as soon as the holiday allocation comes out.... :lol::lol::lol::lol: (although I do make sure that all the BH weekends 's are spread amongst all so that no one person will get all - that's a bit unfair.

Mind you these days none of us feel like I am at work much at all with this new fangled WFH malarky for 2 days a week ..... (although secretly loving it and thought I would hate it !!! :lol::lol::lol:)

Morning all - back at work yesterday - not bad I suppose. Like Puppylover said I need some structure to my day otherwise I start hitting the sherry at 11am :lol:

I've put my holiday request in for this Christmas already :oops:

However as long as one P.A. out of six is covering the days in between Xmas none of the Directors really gives a monkeys, so I only have to cover one day and seeing as the 30th Dec is my wedding aniversary I feel somewhat entitled to blag that off. EVERY YEAR 8)

is it a bird? is it a plane? no, it's buckleyman!!

:lol:

Back