Morillo N.Y.E

naddyz said:
makka - I agree, £36 is too much for just morillo - wasn't aware it was just him. But I guess he's such a draw (or charges so much) that the promoter has decided to just put him on. Wouldn't be surprised if on NYE he charges a completely ridiculous amount

To cover Morillo's fee on a 'normal' night clubs have to charge £20 to break even/make any profit so combined with his over-inflated NYE fee plus the clubs additional NYE costs (staff costs, maybe a late drinking licence etc) then £36 is pretty reasonable for NYE imo.

Barbie said:
naddyz said:
makka - I agree, £36 is too much for just morillo - wasn't aware it was just him. But I guess he's such a draw (or charges so much) that the promoter has decided to just put him on. Wouldn't be surprised if on NYE he charges a completely ridiculous amount

To cover Morillo's fee on a 'normal' night clubs have to charge £20 to break even/make any profit so combined with his over-inflated NYE fee plus the clubs additional NYE costs (staff costs, maybe a late drinking licence etc) then £36 is pretty reasonable for NYE imo.

ah the life of the DJ, doing it for the love of the music :lol:

Barbie said:
naddyz said:

i agree B, we all know we're gonna get stung a bit on NYE so £36 doesn't sound so bad for a good time with the subliminal posse.

BTW, bad boy erick is one of the nicest guys u'll meet in the industry......always gives ya a smile and will stop and chat, genuine nice bloke, especially considering his status. i mean look at some of the miserable roger hunts in his peer group, sasha, PVD, oakenfold - proper grumpy ol' men (most of the time)

Morillo is THE man!

So what if he doesn't play the newest tunes or does the best bit matching, but what he got going for him is something almost no other DJ will be able to pull -

Wherever you throw Morillo he'll make the croud dance!
Thats what DJing is all about!

You go Erick! :D 8)

fusion said:
So what if he doesn't play the newest tunes or does the best bit matching, but what he got going for him is something almost no other DJ will be able to pull -
quote]

Agree and disagree, bad boy erick does play new tunes, he breaks a lot of them, he just fuses that wih old ones/classics and accapellas. he rarely misses a beat and besides he's never always got some beat kickin in of some 4th deck somewhere and fx off some cd deck elsewhere, brilliant, never stops, always mixin it up and rockin it!!!

i mean i saw sasha once, he could match the beats almost instantly and then he'd stand around for 8 mins while the record played, then mix them and the match and then stand around for 8 mins while the next one played. now he doesn't even do that.....his computer does it :lol: :lol:

(BTW love the man like....... :D :D )

you'd think though with all the money he gets, he could afford a few new records every now and again though? ;)

Agreed Morillo does play the classics, but whats wrong with that, as long as he mixes it up with new stuff, I cant see the problem. Classics are classics because they will always be played in the future. Ive never seen Morillo where the crowd are not going crazy on the dancefloor

Back