Mistaken Identity

W_I_C

Staff member
Anybody else who works in the late-night entertainment industry will be more than aware that receiving emails from budding DJs looking for a slot are 2-a-penny. We can regularly receive up to 5 a day with links to mixes on soundclouds and CVs so far exaggerated that you know they're full of ****.

However, one did catch my eye yesterday... but not because of any any of the BS or the quality of the mix, but because the name stood out...

Ben Pursley - where did I recognise that name from...?????

After hours of racking my brain it suddenly struck me! Spotlight forums! :p

So I raced to the nearest computer to check-out my deductions.

Imagine my disappointed when I looked at Ikoda's profile I saw his name was Ben Dursley :spank: D'OH!

Mind you, Yorkshire to Kent and back is a bit of commute I suppose (!)

Anybody else who works in the late-night entertainment industry will be more than aware that receiving emails from budding DJs looking for a slot are 2-a-penny. We can regularly receive up to 5 a day with links to mixes on soundclouds and CVs so far exaggerated that you know they're full of ****.

However, one did catch my eye yesterday... but not because of any any of the BS or the quality of the mix, but because the name stood out...

Ben Pursley - where did I recognise that name from...?????

After hours of racking my brain it suddenly struck me! Spotlight forums! :p

So I raced to the nearest computer to check-out my deductions.

Imagine my disappointed when I looked at Ikoda's profile I saw his name was Ben Dursley :spank: D'OH!

Mind you, Yorkshire to Kent and back is a bit of commute I suppose (!)

haha!!!

are you involved with the Saved lot mate?? Just noticing your Maidstone location...?

haha!!!

are you involved with the Saved lot mate?? Just noticing your Maidstone location...?

No, unfortunately not, my establishment isn't quite as reverred and caters more for the, erm, commercial end of the spectrum (!) :!:

But I know the owners of the venue where Saved is held very well, and will be hoping to go this Easter as I have yet to sample their delights!

No, unfortunately not, my establishment isn't quite as reverred and caters more for the, erm, commercial end of the spectrum (!) :!:

But I know the owners of the venue where Saved is held very well, and will be hoping to go this Easter as I have yet to sample their delights!

cool....

commercial end is where the £££££££ are mate!!

First hour, I play some house. Then when the booze has kicked in, I'll play trance.
Deal? :lol:

Back