Ministry Of Sound

Im sure he originated the trance dj 'im jesus , worship me' pose? then again he did have alot of cocaine on his rider back then to be fair...

Used to work at Ministry and would meet the DJ's that played there in the green room backstage before they went on.

Most were rude dickheads, only interested in mingling with their own entourage. But will always have great respect for Oakenfold, greeted me like a best mate would and suggested I even come behind the booth with him during his set.

This was about 18 months ago now, ended up staying behind the decks for about an hour with him, he even gave me his number before he left and said to whatsapp him for tickets to his shows etc. I never did, but top bloke.

Used to work at Ministry and would meet the DJ's that played there in the green room backstage before they went on.

Most were rude dickheads, only interested in mingling with their own entourage. But will always have great respect for Oakenfold, greeted me like a best mate would and suggested I even come behind the booth with him during his set.

This was about 18 months ago now, ended up staying behind the decks for about an hour with him, he even gave me his number before he left and said to whatsapp him for tickets to his shows etc. I never did, but top bloke.
A few can be sadly. But I think in any genre or field outside of dance music for that matter, you get those kind of people.

DJ Harvey takeover this Saturday - will be a great experience for all audiophiles (Dolby Atmos!)

Envious of my London pals.

(wonder if Philly Cent will be there...)

Back