Ministry of Sound Nightclub under threat again!

Bones

So despite the planning application for the new apartments by the club being rejected due to the sheer volume of people that signed the petition, Londo Mayor Boris Johnson is still going to grant planning permission for them to be built!

so looks like petition time again!!

http://www.ministryofsound.com/saveourclub

made myself late for work today going along their timeline thing

pretty cool

although just makes you even more aware of what it was once, and what it has become

never been myself, but i hope they are able to stay open as long as possible for those that love the place and due to its historical status (i don't really think politicians have a good track record of taking things like this into account unfortunately)

i wonder if places such as the paradise garage and the warehouse would be so revered today if they had kept going and were international clubbing brand behemoths like pacha and mos?

and what it has become

It's a shell with some speakers...with lots of sh1t nights - but they're running a business and have to stay open.

As a lover of music history I still think it's the only true vintage NY template in London.

...and when the Masters at Work tear up that place you just can't argue.

It might not have the reputation of plastic people or XOYO but this is one of London's best venues - no amount of snobbery or underground kabab shop basements/sticky carpets can change that.

How bad the music gets as you get closer to the present day on that timeline! :spank:

I know, its sad innit?

:(

Can you imagine the other legendary clubs in Chi-town and NYC punting out some of the cack that comes from MOS towers?!

But yeah, I hope they win their battle. Can't see it though, which is a shame.

NYC doesn't have any decent clubs. (pacha? eurgh)

Actually scrub that - Santos (on Sundays for 718 sessions) and Sullivan Room both good - but hardly iconic and big room a-la Paradise Garage.

Crobar, Sound Factory/Twilo/Spirit, Vinyl etc - all closed.

The fact that MoS can stay open for 20 years in a changing political landscape is a testament to its genius.

It's a commercial venture. Tat sells.

The heritage of the venue is ridiculously house. Very cool.

aye but what I mean is, can you imagine had the legendary venues survived, what kinda commercial nick they'd be in now, ala pacha, mos etc.

The Paradise Garage presents Dirty Filthy Bass Orgy Volume 5, Shelter brings you Monster Mashups

Back