Miami

Solomun 26hr set for NY :lol:

From responses on Instagram entrance as much as up to $200-300. All about the party. :lol:

Really.... Electric pickle was my favorite last time in Miami.. but Shadow lounge and groove jet 20yrs ago were two of the best clubs anywhere...
I agree that Pickel had a great vibe, but far from south beach and now close for good (since last summer).

I agree that Pickel had a great vibe, but far from south beach and now close for good (since last summer).
Being far from South Beach can only be a good thing ? I did like poping up the bar at Clevelander for a few hours.. had you ever been to Blue? another cool little place away from the Beach.,

I agree, production is poor (who cares?) but they have the best line-ups in the US.
It feels like I'm super duper out of the loop when it comes to the line-ups nowadays. Typically artists and names I recognize are not booked... If I recognize a name, say for an evening with Insomniac who has a presence in California, it's because I've seen it before on a different bill from the same company. We're literally saturated with such talent; and I'm sure they're good! but it isn't like Tiesto (who is not a spring chicken; nor am I for that matter) or Armin. But off to the side of that same point, at least the cover is reasonable; and I think that is likely the reasoning.

So is it that to keep costs down management isn't booking the older talent that I remember, or have those Dj's gone out of style? Maybe it's both! ?

That said, I haven't been to Miami! Sounds wicked sexy though; Miami... Lol. I think that would appeal to me more than overseas (I'm from California) travel for a variety of practical reasons; money among them.

Blue Bar was a narrow long bar with a small dance floor at back and a little upstairs area.. . Now you have been to Churchill's I hope..

BUMP!

I'll be in town for Art Basel next week. First time visiting the States, so going in pretty blind. Looking forward to it

Any Spotlighter recommendations? Looking for restaurant suggestions and non-clubbing ideas, as the party side of things is covered

Also the big question: where best to watch the World Cup? Save for an absolute f***-up, England will be in the second round

Frst time visiting the States, so going in pretty blind.

I'm sure you've prepped all this but make sure your ESTA visa is all kosher + be prepared for grilling at arrivals, "where you staying, who do you know, how long here" etc. Their borders are hardcore. Can be a shock for first timers as I found out.. 👀

I'm sure you've prepped all this but make sure your ESTA visa is all kosher + be prepared for grilling at arrivals, "where you staying, who do you know, how long here" etc. Their borders are hardcore. Can be a shock for first timers as I found out.. 👀
all sorted 👌

I'm ready for the interrogation

Different holiday to you as we went with our 3 month old, closest we got to music was hanging around the prom near the beach clubs on South beach.

We ate lunch at Versace Mansion, which was a nice afternoon - had to wear long pants, was pretty formal but interesting having a look around with the manager. Also went to a nice restaurant over looking the water, possibly ll Gabbiano, pricey but OK. I'll try and confirm.

Headed to little Havana for a look around, food, drinks, music and to watch the old boys play games in the park. Tried to catch the bus there to save dough, got off in the wrong neighbourhood, had to give in and get an uber 😁

Was expensive everywhere, talking to a friend other week who'd just returned and said with the exchange rate it was even worst than normal.

I actively avoid travelling to or through America, even if it is cheaper because of customs

Wynwood and downtown area of Miami usually has much more going on, bit cooler. Not been for 5 years or so, so can’t recommend specific places but seemed to be more interesting there than South Beach

Back