Miami WMC

msr

Can anyone recommend any forums similar to this one for info on the winter music conference?

http://www.wmcon.com/

There are no updates on the official site yet and it would be good to get a feel for places to stay and things to do while there.

I found RA good for lineups, the clubs and prices. Then also (its not a forum but is helpful) http://www.wintermusicconference.com/thelist/ came in quite handy.

I bought my tickets as soon as they came on sale (want tickets), they were as little as 10 dollars for the bigger parties, then were as high as a hundred on the door, so well worth it. You can register to find out as soon as they do come available.

As for accomodation, i'd stick with South beach, you can get some decent deals if you are 2-3 streets away from the beach (and again book asap), but you are dead close to the action.

Thanks, I'll checked out RA. I want to try and get it booked asap. What sort of accomodation did you book? We were thinking some sort of 2/3 bedroom apartment might work out cheaper if there was a big group of us. A lot of the ones I've seen say no party people and stuff like that though which I assume is aimed at people over for WMC?

The best place to find the line-ups is the TranceAddict forums, they set up a special WMC forum on there, almost all the nights get announced there first, so thats the best way to find the good line-ups and tickets. And always get tickets early, as prices go up and a lot of events sell out.

As for accom, if you've got some cash I would suggest staying in one of the big hotels, Shelbourne/National/Gansevoort, as these all have nightclubs and pool parties that you get in for free if you stay there, and all the big names play. If not, there are tonnes of hotels all along South Beach, best get in now though, as prices go up as soon as everything is officially announced.

PS tip for the best party in WMC, go to Crosstown Rebels present Get Lost at the Electric Pickle. It starts at 6am and runs all day, awesome music, crazy people and a proper party atmosphere. In a bit of a rough area, but totally worth the trip.

Back