Miami will have to do for now!

missflorida

So I'm going clubbing in Miami this weekend and for some reason I'm having a harder time trying to decide what to do there more than I am for my first trip to Ibiza in Sept! Must be thx to all you peeps and your good advice I've been reading. :) Wish me luck in MIA--I'll think of it as practice. haha

There are worse places to be (Tampa, for example) :lol:
You'll find Space Ibiza is more fun than Space Miami ;)

Can you give us a report back I have wanted to go to Miami for years but can never make my mind up. Hear so many mixed reviews.

There are worse places to be (Tampa, for example) :lol:
You'll find Space Ibiza is more fun than Space Miami ;)

Too funny! I lived in Tampa for 2 years! In fact I'll be driving there Friday afternoon to pick up my friend before heading to MIA....I am not going to Space for sure, I'm thinking maybe Mansion or Opium Garden (been there once before about 5 years ago so maybe want to see if things have changed).

I'll def. give a review on where I go....the music is probably not going to be as good as what will be in Ibiza since it tends to be more of a hip hop crowd but we'll see....

Whenever I visit the motherland, it's increasingly hard to find a danceclub night that's not hip hop, breaks or trance. It's almost as though house is dead in most of the country! One reason I love living overseas 8)

:eek: Update: I am having a full on fashion crisis as I have nothing to wear and I think I'll be shopping during "work" tomorrow......god I hate MIA and how darn fashionable they are! I've tried on everything in my closet and NOTHING is working. Depressing. Really sucks if you aren't a supermodel and/or superrich....

:eek: Update: I am having a full on fashion crisis as I have nothing to wear and I think I'll be shopping during "work" tomorrow......god I hate MIA and how darn fashionable they are! I've tried on everything in my closet and NOTHING is working. Depressing. Really sucks if you aren't a supermodel and/or superrich....

just go to american apparel and get the outfit you are most comfortable in (in the tightest brightest version you can stand, of course) - then you can be a hipster and look down on the trashy model-wannabees8)

just go to american apparel and get the outfit you are most comfortable in (in the tightest brightest version you can stand, of course) - then you can be a hipster and look down on the trashy model-wannabees8)

Unfortunatley I look like a sausage rolled into anything from that store....their clothes are definitley not forgiving, however I am definitley looking for something with color since black seems to be all i've got and HOW BORING for south beach! you think my boss will notice my extra long lunch break to the mall tomorrow??

P.S. I always look down on the wannabees since I'm 5'10" and about 6'1" with heels....can never be lost in a crowd! ha! ;) So fun....

Prive is OK for Hip Hop, Mansion is OK, period. My favorite clubs are Cameo, Set, and Mynt. Mynt is my favorite but expect to wait a lil while in line. Its a smaller club but great music. With Cameo you have mutliple rooms, the main dance floor downstairs and VICE upstairs.

I'm back!

Just returned from Miami and here's my mini review!

Friday - First went to Mansion which SUCKED!! too much hip hop, very thugged out, not what I pictured.... I can't believe celebrities go there, it was junk and I was pissed for paying to get in. Only stayed 15 minutes. So ended up going to Mynt because IDA CORR was singing live and we walked in right before she sang "Let Me Think About It". Awesome! I even said hello to her afterwards and got to tell her she gave a great performance, she was very sweet to talk to. Here are a couple vids I got of the performance:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t0_DzSOKRIw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SK8pjr13vJY

Saturday - (gasp) SPACE! Yes, I did it....thinking the whole time that from what I've seen Ibiza is going to be a million times cooler. It was good, playing some straight up techno/trance in the main room, and on the rooftop terrace was two big rooms, both playing ghetto rap and hip hop. I stuck to the main room, Oscar G was the DJ, pretty good stuff. I would probably not go back, but can now say I've done it so I'm content with that. Here are some vids and pics:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aOm3Xznuq7o

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TNzBMCE8Azc

Ida Corr singing at Mynt:
MiamiJuly200845.jpg

Me with Ida's "bodyguards":
MiamiJuly20087.jpg

Outside SPACE:
MiamiJuly200872.jpg

Inside SPACE:
MiamiJuly200881.jpg

The DJ's in the main room at SPACE:
MiamiJuly2008107.jpg

Gotta stay refreshed!!
MiamiJuly200886.jpg

Ok so in short I had a really good time, but I am seriously looking forward to my first trip to IBIZA!! =)

Fashionable? Laughable I would have said. Silicone and cash do not make style nor class. I had a great time but wouldn't need to go again.

Friday - First went to Mansion which SUCKED!! too much hip hop, very thugged out, not what I pictured.... I can't believe celebrities go there, it was junk and I was pissed for paying to get in.
Mansion, despite its reputation, seems to be entirely random. When the wife & I went they had Junior Sanchez playing on gay night. Really deep tribal stuff (to the point of being repetitive) and the boys posturing way too much for anyone's good (and that's from someone who's visited gay clubs for over 20 years). We didn't stay long either as the aggressive 'get out of my way I'm showing off my muscles' attitude was a bit too much.

To be fair, we found the atmosphere at Space to also be quite aggressive. I'm not sure if that's just the Miami attitude or what :confused:

hey now tampas not THAT bad, well i havnt been to ybor in a little more than a year or so, i hear they closed amphetheatre wich was the last of the electronica clubs that i know of atleast. but i have had some great nights in tampa! sure its nothing like ibiza! but its home for me haha that is until i move to the east coast of fla in a few months :twisted:

hey now tampas not THAT bad, well i havnt been to ybor in a little more than a year or so, i hear they closed amphetheatre wich was the last of the electronica clubs that i know of atleast. but i have had some great nights in tampa! sure its nothing like ibiza! but its home for me haha that is until i move to the east coast of fla in a few months :twisted:

They closed the Amp? Crazy....I haven't actually been there in a few years ( I lived in Tampa 2004-2006). If you want the BEST techno/DJ night in central Florida, you have to go to House of Blues here in Orlando on Sunday night (SIN/Hopsitality night). Awesome house music, great light and sound system and hot dancers on stage.

Back