Miami 2013

Dirk

Anybody been watching any of it on be@tv?

Some decent sets, but the crowd are very poor. Standing about and lucky if you even get a shuffle out of half of them. Thought it was meant to be a party?

Caught lot's over sets over the last week.
Darius Syrossian had a bit of an FB rant about the fact people didnt dance.

Watched loads this morning and hardly anyone dancing. Looked like someone playing in a pub and background music while they chatted.

Its the partys away from those hotels and pool partys that are the only ones worth going too.

watched quite a bit of it on be-at tv. totally agree about the crowd, terrible. standing around not even dancing. worst was subb-an, adam shelton, shaun reeves playing b2b at visionquest party playing one of the best sets i heard all weekend in front of around 20 people!

watched the boiler room live stream. Carl Craig was painful on the mic , him on warm up set was a strange decision. the uk organiser's tried there best and even joked about how it was supposed to be a party so why u standing like lemons when your on a rooftop sunny poolparty in miami?? Jamie xx played a decent , varied set but id say dancefloor was about 8 ppl. considering its quite hard to get an invite to their parties you would have thought the ppl there would be amped for the dj's.I think they got thir lineup all wrong. the french dude(might be totally wrong) should have been on first then jamie and carl craig to get it abit harder for last 1.5hrs. then again i think it was al over by about 8pm. I dunno was abit weak and they knew it..

edit - the 20min technical fail certainly didnt help but thats boiler room style! the german guy is a consumate professional in the face of technical adversity haha

Last edited by a moderator:
Back