Meltdown Festival - Massive Attack

madwhitegiant

Massive Attack reveal Meltdown Festival line-up

08214_115740_MassiveAttackcreditKevinWes.jpg

0Massive Attack will be joined by the likes of Grace Jones, Gang Of Four and Elbow when they curate the forthcoming Meltdown Festival in London.

The Bristol band will play two shows themselves at the event, which takes place on various venues on the city's South Bank in June.

Tickets go on sale to the general public from Friday (April 25) at 9am - go to southbankcentre.co.uk/meltdown.

The line-up so far is:

Massive Attack (Royal Festival Hall, June 14/22)

Gong (Queen Elizabeth Hall, June 14)

Yellow Magic Orchestra (Royal Festival Hall, June 15)

Reggae Acoustic Songbook - Horace Andy, Johnny Clarke, Earl 16, Prince Malachai (Queen Elizabeth Hall, June 15)

Elbow, Fleet Foxes (Royal Festival Hall, June 16)

Vangelis' 'Blade Runner' soundtrack performed live by The Heritage Orchestra, mixed by Massive Attack (Royal Festival Hall, June 17)

Stiff Little Fingers performing 'Inflammable Material' , Mark Stewart, The Maffia, Adrian Sherwood (Royal Festival Hall, June 18)

The Shortwave Set, Martina Topley Bird (Queen Elizabeth Hall, June 18)

Grace Jones (Royal Festival Hall, June 19)

Massive Attack presents future sounds of Hip-Hop: Dalek, Cool Kids, Shape Of Broad Minds, Flying Lotus (Queen Elizabeth Hall, June 19)

Gang Of Four, Tom Tom Club (Royal Festival Hall, June 20)

Terry Callier, Aloe Blacc (Queen Elizabeth Hall, June 20)

Tunng, Leila (Queen Elizabeth Hall, June 21)

Saxon Sound System with Musclehead, Tippa Irie, Trevor Sax and Papa Levi (Festival Riverside, June 22)

United Visual Artists Instillation Volume (Riverside Terrace, June 13-22)

Silent Disco with guests DJs including Four Tet + Peaches (Outdoor Stage, June 13, 14, 19, 20, 21)

More acts and events are set to be announced shortly

Just to bore you all a bit more "The Maffia are the original "Sugarhill Gang":pNYC....not to be confused with "the Mob"...FIG ;)

the highlights there (apart from massive attack obviously)

gotta be

Gong
Elbow
& the Heritage orchestra doing the Blade Runner soundtrack!!

Grace was still in full diva mode when I saw her a couple of years back 8)

I know - love her! :D I've seen her twice (first time at Crobar in NYC) - she was about an hour late and when she finally came on she had her legs in the air and her wabs out and everything. :eek: :lol:

Same here... she was a bit late starting and then she freaked out because one of the fans directed at the stage wasn't working but the spotlights were on her and she found it a bit warm. Left the stage after every song to change outfits and other various diva-like activities :lol:

not to mention pointing at men in the first couple of rows and shouting, "Wanna f*** me?" :eek:

Have you seen that really old 80s video, "a one man show"? it's ace.

Oh btw - George Clinton - is he good these days then?

not to mention pointing at men in the first couple of rows and shouting, "Wanna f*** me?" :eek:
I think I told this story before, but she was seriously giving me eyes during her show :eek::eek: Perhaps it's because I was the only black guy in sight :lol: I thought maybe I was imagining it, but then Irina & her friend (who'd been standing several meters away) came over and told me they'd seen the same thing. I began to think.... how scary would that be!? :lol:

Haven't seen that video.

Oh btw - George Clinton - is he good these days then?
The great thing about it is he brings a whole cicrus of artists on the stage and it's just fun. One of his old P-Funk cohorts runs around stage in an oversized diaper! George came out halfway through the set and joined in... he's getting old, of course, but he can still perform. Every song runs about 15 minutes by the time they're done jamming.

Managed to get 2 for Massive Attack but forgot i'm going to NERD that night at Brixton with the missus so going to have to either persuade her to come iwth me or go with one of her mates to NERD and i'll meet her after!! Going MOS after for Toolroom Knights! Happy Days.

I'd got to NERD.

I love Massive Attack's albums but I was a bit bored when I saw them in concert a few years ago... could have just been a bad show, I suppose.

I'd got to NERD.

I love Massive Attack's albums but I was a bit bored when I saw them in concert a few years ago... could have just been a bad show, I suppose.

Seen NERD couple of times and they are good live. Just haven't seen Massive for few years so will see. End of the day missus will pull rank on that and especially as I have already said WE ARE going Mark Knight after I may have to 'let' her win. ;)

Back