Melt! Festival,Germany July 13-15th 2012

TM78

Anyone from here been before ?
Hints / tips for this festival?

6 of us going for the first time, actually in need of one ticket as one of our crowd missed out before it sold out (likelihood of ticket touts outside???)

The event itself looks pretty interesting, next to a lake, but then your amongst this industrial museum backdrop at the same time...

Yeah i went last year fire away with questions. its awesome btw

Cheers mate, It does look excellent small festival. Interesting setting (it's the location, setup that's swung us going to this....just very different from the other festivals / events we've all done
Liking the whole sleepless floor area:)

So, do you reckon there is a good chance of getting weekend tickets outside the gates on the Friday ? Touts standing about?
(we are getting the hotel train from cologne, so we stay on the train, no camping for us:)lol) but does mean we miss the Thursday night pre party..

What's the crowd like ? What kinda age range? It does look a young crowd from the YouTube / pictures I've seen...(we are all over 30)...heard its really popular with the Dutch,
Many british there last year?
Is it just normal festival prices once inside for food / drink? Token system for drinks?

What's the security like? Drug situation for pills / MDMA / smoke

Last edited by a moderator:
right here goes.. in no particular order:

to be honest i didnt see anyone selling tickets outside but then again i wasnt looking for it . Its less likely than at a uk event its not really the german way i dont think to tout stuff as much as the brits. I would try source one before you go if you can.

On the thursday night there was a party right next to where we were camping so we just stayed there. If the main festival area is open then theres no reason you cant walk down to it if theres a party. I cant remember exactly where the train is but from the campsite its abit of a walk to get to the festy , def not the sort of thing where you can keep popping back to your tent / train .

Crowd was indeed quite young , lots of german students. Probs the least amount of english people ive seen at a festival which was nice. People of all ages but mainly 18-25 id say.

Hopefully you'll get good weather we had 1 day of blazing sunshine then it was overcast with some rain for the rest. totally shat it down for the last night ehich made us retreat early.

You can swim in the lake so bring swimming shorts if its sunny.

Security was pretty much non existent when we went.

inside the festival food and drinks are cash. more reasonable than uk festivals too. some half decent bratwurst / german fast food stuff available.

If you wana buy naughties its pretty hard and alot of the germans aren't really into it. If its gona happen will be on the first or second day as once word gets around who's doing it it goes quicker. There was an isreali guy we met at the beach on the friday who had everything but was dubious of the quality. You may or may not find anything i wouldnt pin your hopes on it.

Sleepless floor is in deed that , nice venue. Some right states in there tho!
On the monday morning Ellen Allien normaly plays closing set till about midday. is mad seeing people come back hammered and try pack there tent up in 10mins cos they got to get a bus!

If you can get food / drink supplies en route do it. The lidl in the town is pandemonium whilst the fest is on , avoid if you can.

right here goes.. in no particular order:

to be honest i didnt see anyone selling tickets outside but then again i wasnt looking for it . Its less likely than at a uk event its not really the german way i dont think to tout stuff as much as the brits. I would try source one before you go if you can.

On the thursday night there was a party right next to where we were camping so we just stayed there. If the main festival area is open then theres no reason you cant walk down to it if theres a party. I cant remember exactly where the train is but from the campsite its abit of a walk to get to the festy , def not the sort of thing where you can keep popping back to your tent / train .

Crowd was indeed quite young , lots of german students. Probs the least amount of english people ive seen at a festival which was nice. People of all ages but mainly 18-25 id say.

Hopefully you'll get good weather we had 1 day of blazing sunshine then it was overcast with some rain for the rest. totally shat it down for the last night ehich made us retreat early.

You can swim in the lake so bring swimming shorts if its sunny.

Security was pretty much non existent when we went.

inside the festival food and drinks are cash. more reasonable than uk festivals too. some half decent bratwurst / german fast food stuff available.

If you wana buy naughties its pretty hard and alot of the germans aren't really into it. If its gona happen will be on the first or second day as once word gets around who's doing it it goes quicker. There was an isreali guy we met at the beach on the friday who had everything but was dubious of the quality. You may or may not find anything i wouldnt pin your hopes on it.

Sleepless floor is in deed that , nice venue. Some right states in there tho!
On the monday morning Ellen Allien normaly plays closing set till about midday. is mad seeing people come back hammered and try pack there tent up in 10mins cos they got to get a bus!

If you can get food / drink supplies en route do it. The lidl in the town is pandemonium whilst the fest is on , avoid if you can.
cheers for that:)
yeah we've been to germany a few times for different things and found that the germans were more into drinking rather than pills...if it happens, it happens...

that ellen allien set sounds good, but we will be long way off on the train by then...train leaves about 4am on the monday morning.

going to see about sourcing a ticket, arrange something for when we arrive, dont wsnt any hassle (for my pals sake) trying to get into the festival on the day.

my festival ticket arrived the other day, so looking forward too Melt...i might just be takign it easy at this, as will be at bloc the weekend before.

cheers:)

Back