Manchester Spotlighters: Advice Please

Buckley

Stag do in Manchester early November:

Best hotel for closeness to bars/clubs? Northern Quarter maybe?

Loads of serviced apartments in city centre. Check out booking.com if I were you as free cancellation is handy when trying to sort out big groups

The Place Aparthotel is decent and round the corner from the warehouse project.

The light is also very good and closer to the northern quarter!

What have you got planned?

30 people getting in anywhere, even normal pubs would be a struggle I'd have thought.

Printworks is awful, so is Deansgate.

Almost Famous is decent for a burger & chips and Albert Schloss is across the road which is decent in the day.
Stick to the Northern qty for bars or Oxford road which is close to Gorilla (which someone's already said) also Font and there is a place next door Backdog I think.

I'd try and sort it out roughly otherwise you'll end up walking all over the place.

I always find Manchester a good nightout but never find a decent club/ endpoint to the night.

Northern Qty can be a pain in the arse getting into bars in groups.

I went on a stag do years ago in Manchester and all we did was walk between Deansgate and Printworks.

Cheers all. Have cut and pasted to the best man, so we'll see what he comes up with.

My days in Manc were sometime ago, so I would have recommended we started in the Dry Bar and then headed to the Hac!

I can only advise 'Against' Manchester for a Stag Do!

I've lived here all my life, and it just isn't set up for Stag do's or large parties, it's an absolute pain to get in anywhere in large Male only groups, Most of the venues in the Northern Quarter you'd fill with your group size haha.

some cities are set up for stags (Liverpool, Newcastle, York), actively seeking punters, touts and promotions, Manchester just isn't like that from my experience.
Seen so many getting rejected from places over the years, so you'd have to play it cool, split up into smaller groups etc...

You'll be struggling for a decent club at the end of the night, unless there is a specific event on at Albert Hall or Gorilla, or Warehouse project (bit late for tickets on that front though), You've got Venus for Funky Vocal House, but limited capacity and very strict door policy.

Possibly best to stick around the student end of town and possibly certain bigger venues in the northern quarter.

Hotels, Ibis up in Ancoats not far from the northern quarter, best bet may be AirBnB or some of the serviced apartments as suggested.

Back