Manchester People - Pub Help Please

Malk

Heading to Manchester on Saturday for the City -v- Newcastle game with 3 mates.

Train gets in about 12 so we have a few hours to kill before the game (5:30pm kick off). Any recommendations for pubs in the Northern Quarter to watch football? Also, any bars that would have decent music on at night? Anything house/techno orientated would be ideal.

Checked the club listings but there's not much on, to be expected I suppose with WHP having just finished.

There are a few good bars to watch the football, personal favorite is Second City Bar this is technically in Ancoats but you can walk the Citys ground from there in about 20 minutes. After the game Retro have a night on a new bar/club called Lazy Lizard Ibizan Beach Lounge, it's a classic house night so might not be your thing. Hidden are doing a residents party too that would be more techno/house, it's a good venue too.

Second city sports bar is a good shout, been last couple of times I’ve been to city. Easy walk to the ground.

Lots of pubs near the Crown & Anchor (city pub but no one bothered us in there) for a few scoops.

If you go Retro expect sing along house music, usually a good atmosphere. As you’ll probably know being from the North East

Last edited:
Second city sports bar is a good shout, been last couple of times I’ve been to city. Easy walk to the ground.

Lots of pubs near the Crown & Anchor (city pub but no one bothered us in there) for a few scoops.

If you go Retro expect sing along house music, usually a good atmosphere. As you’ll probably know being from the North East

Cheers. We're travelling down from Glasgow mate - no allegiance to either team so we'll be fine in any boozer. The things you have to do to watch a decent game of football :lol:

Back