Man shot at Circo Loco in Birmingham

Personally I think this type of stuff will always follow when VIP and bling culture infiltrates a scene. It brings with it attitude. Of course those that don't know will blame it on people being on drugs

Personally I think this type of stuff will always follow when VIP and bling culture infiltrates a scene. It brings with it attitude. Of course those that don't know will blame it on people being on drugs

so david guetta's parties are more likely to have shootings? think u might be off the mark on this one.

There were all those stabbings at SHM parties last year - 9 in Dublin and 3 in MK. But someone got stabbed at Eastern Electrics too. So don't think it's about VIP anything. It's not as if The End and the Hacienda didn't have their share of this. Just a shame these cnuts turn up and bring all their sh!t along with them.

wasn't there a few people shot dead at a Coxy gig in a tent a few years ago??

[video=youtube;sborRoFhZH8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sborRoFhZH8[/video]

^^ yeah but that's Caracas FFS. It's like Bogota - there's a hand gun in every glove compartment and on every street corner !

There were all those stabbings at SHM parties last year - 9 in Dublin and 3 in MK. But someone got stabbed at Eastern Electrics too. So don't think it's about VIP anything. It's not as if The End and the Hacienda didn't have their share of this. Just a shame these cnuts turn up and bring all their sh!t along with them.

Hacienda was ruined by same sort of thing. Gangsters and hooligans - they had their own tables. It's all the same kind of psychology.

so david guetta's parties are more likely to have shootings? think u might be off the mark on this one.

I don't mean specifically the VIPs are all gun wielding maniacs lol I just mean the whole VIP culture that's associated with dance music at the moment, the whole hierarchy of people it brings attitude and aggro. You get more fighting in blingy glam events. And that kind of aggro is crossing over to underground events at the moment. That may not be a fact but you could call it the findings of a qualitative observational study that I've conducted throughout the period of my adult life. You can live your life thinking everyone in the whole world is nice and just wants to dance and have fun if you like but I don't :)

might I add the not so nice people are in the minority thankfully

Hacienda was ruined by same sort of thing. Gangsters and hooligans - they had their own tables. It's all the same kind of psychology.

The Hac did go firmly that way but it's a different world now. I think it's more random at the moment to be fair and also down to the size of some of the events. There's regular violence at some of the dubstep events, which are hardly 'overground'. It's just that big high profile events like Circo Loco, Aoki/SHM-type stuff and some of the Festivals attract a large spread of people which unfortunately includes some of this gangsta crowd for various reasons ... and they taint the whole thing for the majority.

It's all about as far away from European Techno roots as you can get though.

Im still hoping for yet another comeback :)

It's a bit like Danny Rampling in club form :rolleyes: .. Blooming fantastic night though. Brum's finest hour.

Dubstep would make mother Theresa want to kick someone's as5! No wonder there is a high prevalence of violence :D

haha yes I'm sure the old q club can pass health and safety for at least one more round :)

Yep, Birmingham's hardly the nicest of places

You know birmingham then do you?

Brum is a decent city and im pretty sure its not unlike any other city in the uk when it comes to crime. I've been to the rainbow numerous times where this happened and have always had a hassle free good night.

Gun crime at nightclubs is more likely to be linked to drug dealers fighting amongst themselves rather than normal attendees. I thought alot of the trouble at the Hacienda was basically rival firms trying to control the drugs

Gun crime at nightclubs is more likely to be linked to drug dealers fighting amongst themselves rather than normal attendees. I thought alot of the trouble at the Hacienda was basically rival firms trying to control the drugs

You could say that .... and then you could say there's an increase in coke which is more associated with VIP culture and bling and grey goose. Or it could be that some bloke found out another man was having an affair with his wife so turned up and shot him..... Or it could be that he had severe road rage who knows. You can't say anythings more likely because you haven't really got any data to back that statement up. You can only say what you think the increase in violence is associated with :)

Back