Loveland festival Amsterdam Aug 2023

cunninghamali

Anyone been to Loveland festival, any good? Line up looks good. I am going to be going! Hotels aren't cheap in the Dam

It's really good. Always a good atmosphere, tends to get a bit older audience.
First line up is out: Sasha & Digweed, Cattaneo & Warren, Beyer, Dixon, Marco Carola, Kolsch, Maceo, Tale of us...
Don't book a hotel in the centre. The shuttle buses always go back & forth from Amsterdam-Sloterdijk station. Book a hotel near SLoterdijk, way cheaper and best option to get in that shuttle bus back & forth to the festival site.

Also, let me know when you come over! I have just booked my tickets for the saturday.

It's really good. Always a good atmosphere, tends to get a bit older audience.
First line up is out: Sasha & Digweed, Cattaneo & Warren, Beyer, Dixon, Marco Carola, Kolsch, Maceo, Tale of us...
Don't book a hotel in the centre. The shuttle buses always go back & forth from Amsterdam-Sloterdijk station. Book a hotel near SLoterdijk, way cheaper and best option to get in that shuttle bus back & forth to the festival site.

Also, let me know when you come over! I have just booked my tickets for the saturday.
Amazing! Thanks for tip! I booked both days but not sure will go both! Defo doing Saturday I want to see mochakk!

I know hotels are so expensive I am going to look at sloterdijk I booked motel one ams so far but can cancel it

Defo will let you know i am there! I am looking forward to the festival

Hey @FlatErik I will probably go to 909 instead of Loveland. Any tipps for that as regards to where to book a hotel? Sloterdijk as well?
909 is in a different location (Amsterdamse Bos) and when I was there last year the shuttle buses went from Amsterdam-Zuid, around Zuidas / VUMC. If you can find something around that area that's the best option but if you end up in the Sloterdijk area after all, it's no issue. Sloterdijk is a better node than Central Station so just take a bus from Sloterdijk to Zuidas and then the shuttle buses to 909 would work as well.

I'll be at both festivals (909 probably sunday and Loveland weekender) this year so if anyone wants to say hi or needs some help let me know :)

I booked 909, thank you @FlatErik ! But daaaamn, Amsterdam hotels are expensive (at least that date). Got one just south of Vondelpark now, which should be near enough to Zuidas. I saw festival shuttle busses are 8 euros per person (!), so actually as we are four it is probably cheaper taking a taxi right to the festival site, right? Should be cheaper than the 32 euros for the shuttle.

I booked 909, thank you @FlatErik ! But daaaamn, Amsterdam hotels are expensive (at least that date). Got one just south of Vondelpark now, which should be near enough to Zuidas. I saw festival shuttle busses are 8 euros per person (!), so actually as we are four it is probably cheaper taking a taxi right to the festival site, right? Should be cheaper than the 32 euros for the shuttle.
Tell me about it! So bloody expensive and flights too, already over 200 euro for August dates for me, luckily I can stay with a friend so i don't have to pay for hotel

Uber / taxi would appear cheaper but....getting a taxi at the end of a festival is crazy the last few years.
The drivers all turn off their meters and ask for 50 Euros at least for a short drive to a station or hotel. I wouldn't be surprised if you end up paying 15 Euro to the festival but another 50 to go back if you manage to get a taxi at all. It's criminal and everyone knows it, but it's still happening and getting worse every summer / ADE / etc.

Back