Lovebox 2010

Robder

Did anyone go on the Sunday?

After a few years of mediocrity I thought I'd go again to catch Grace and Derrick Carter and I have to say I was blown to pieces.

Best London festie I've been to in years. Faultless.

Also carried on with DC at Horsemeat - fan-bloody-tastic. Loving the bears. 8)

well that was the worst crowd ive ever had the misfortune to be in the same space as..... music was actually ok though from jamie jones et al

Mates were at lovebox yesterday, had a great day , think mostly spent time at ALFOS and horse meat disco (not sure how the set times worked for doing that though , they were a bit patchy on the updates :)

How was dj Harvey ?

I popped my cherry at Lovebox this year - went Friday - was fricking awesome! Such a good day, am still on a high from it, such good times. I have to say I knew hardly any of the artists there but was just so much fun, great atmosphere, great weather, great crowd - awesome!

Heard Sat was a terrible crowd.

Sunday is always better at Lovebox - a London lineup for Londoners. Poor ticket sales meant the site was scaled down but for me, this improved things as it was more focused on the music geeks as opposed to the main stage. (Lil Kim = :/)

Horsemeat/ALFOS was brilliant (but hot hot hot).

Highlight was Harvey - stayed in there for most of it (as planned)...his selections were fantastic and the atmosphere was nice and positive in there.

Also loved the outdoorsy bit with Bicep/Knuckles etc - nice to be dancing outside under the sun, Bora Bora style after all these years!

Heard Sat was a terrible crowd.

Sunday is always better at Lovebox - a London lineup for Londoners. Poor ticket sales meant the site was scaled down but for me, this improved things as it was more focused on the music geeks as opposed to the main stage. (Lil Kim = :/)

Horsemeat/ALFOS was brilliant (but hot hot hot).

Highlight was Harvey - stayed in there for most of it (as planned)...his selections were fantastic and the atmosphere was nice and positive in there.

Also loved the outdoorsy bit with Bicep/Knuckles etc - nice to be dancing outside under the sun, Bora Bora style after all these years!

yeah i heard they downscaled it, but agreee, that would just have suited ALFOS / harvey etc better.

prety gutted i never made it down to this now..

mates said miss kittin was pretty good as well.

yeah i heard they downscaled it, but agreee, that would just have suited ALFOS / harvey etc better.

prety gutted i never made it down to this now..

mates said miss kittin was pretty good as well.

Surprised you're up for the cost of travelling to an alldayer...!

Train fares are astronomical these days - better to travel for a weekender or fly to Berlin for the same price surely?

But yeah - was brilliant. Trashbag central as this vid illustrates: http://www.kctv.co.uk/stories/video/041_lovebox_sunday/041_lovebox_sunday.html

Surprised you're up for the cost of travelling to an alldayer...!

Train fares are astronomical these days - better to travel for a weekender or fly to Berlin for the same price surely?

But yeah - was brilliant. Trashbag central as this vid illustrates: http://www.kctv.co.uk/stories/video/041_lovebox_sunday/041_lovebox_sunday.html

yeah, i agree..i fancy berlin trip before end of the year & more bang for the buck really on that trip.

but lovebox was a last minute / spur of the moment decision by my mates to go (and they were coming from aberdeen:)..think they just thought **** it, .as they were coming down for glasgow ALFOS on the friday anyway, so decided to just keep going & get train down saturday to london & make the weekend out of it. (they've done that before for ALFOS in london after being at the glasgow one)

regretting not going now...but was the cost that put me off, lineup up really suited me...but essentially travel/ticket/digs/spending talking £400ish & then monday off work for 1 day, was bit too pricey after glastonbury & had a mate's wedding the week before as welll.

yeah train is pricey now....train was £120 return, (well by the time i looked at it on the tuesday/wednesday of last week)

did get a few pictures sent of the trannies...(were they not backing dancers when ALFOS was on as well?)...

what did you do afterwards? or were you working on monday?
f i'd been to lovebox i'd have went to the eagle afterwards as i do want to go to HMD in there at some point...mates ended up in fabric instead

what did you do afterwards? or were you working on monday?
f i'd been to lovebox i'd have went to the eagle afterwards as i do want to go to HMD in there at some point...mates ended up in fabric instead

Yep worked on Mon like a trooper. Ufff.

Normally do the Derrick Carter/Horsemeat thingy but sadly had to miss this time around.

Back