Losing your Ibiza Cherry......for the second time?

To put things into perspective, the last time I was in Ibiza was around 1993, Café del mar was a stand alone bar that a couple of dozen people used to go to, Ku was Ku and had only had a roof for a few years, Cream, Gategrasher, Garlands etc etc hadn't been thought of never mind resident in the island and we used to stay in on a Saturday to get up at 7am to go on the terrace at Space on a Sunday (which closed at 10pm). Oh yeah and Playa Den Boss La was a tiny family resort.

In short a lifetime ago. To get a weekend pass its cost me 2 George Michael tickets for the wife (£200) a new car for the wife (£14,500) and a full rig out for the kids for winter (£600)........you're a long time dead though....:eek:

As my Geordie mate put it, “I didn't think I'd ever get the chance to go there again so I'm going to enjoy it like it's the last holiday I'm ever going to have”. J Fair play to the lad.

We think we know what we're going to get up to
Thursday – get the lay of the land / Bora Bora etc.
Friday – Ibiza town, Primals/Boys Own at Amnesia
Saturday – Blue Marlin – Louie Vega pm into the night
Sunday – flight home at 8pm but a free Boys Own do on at Sands from 3pm.

Right now for the anal questions.

Cameras – are they allowed in clubs and that?

Shorts – are they ok everywhere ie amnesia or do you have to sweat your knackers off in Jeans and 'be cool':?:

Blue Marlin – is there anywhere to change there if you want to go in the pm and then stop into the night? Whats the script with the sunbeds etc there (we're going for a rockstar weekend so F*** the expense J) Ever been there, whats it like?

Do you get a pat down in the clubs....ie can you get a half bottle of voddy in :p

Any other do's or don't's……????

They say to calculate your age in a midlife crisis, half your age and add seven so I'm 28 for the weekend btw J

Last edited by a moderator:
Shorts – are they ok everywhere ie amnesia or do you have to sweat your knackers off in Jeans and 'be cool':?:

Blue Marlin – is there anywhere to change there if you want to go in the pm and then stop into the night? Whats the script with the sunbeds etc there (we're going for a rockstar weekend so F*** the expense J) Ever been there, whats it like?

Do you get a pat down in the clubs....ie can you get a half bottle of voddy in :p

Shorts - assuming you're not in VIP then yes, pretty much everywhere (except Pacha where most people wear trousers both in and out of VIP). They are fine in Amnesia. You might see a fair amount of mens' designer resortwear with longs in evidence in the evening at Blue Marlin !!

Blue Marlin - sure, nip in the loos or change under a towel ! There are large daybeds and sunbeds. Minimum spend required (give them a quick call or drop them an e-mail to check the deal for the dates you're going). In the day, I personally prefer Yemanja btw ... very very cool rather than very glam and literally adjacent ;).

Pat down - good luck getting a half bottle of voddy in to the big clubs !!

Do we take it no hire car planned ?

I walked into a few clubs without being searched a couple of weeks ago, getting there slightly earlier than when the masses start arriving helps.

Also doing the Primal night, cant wait.

Shorts - assuming you're not in VIP then yes, pretty much everywhere (except Pacha where most people wear trousers both in and out of VIP). They are fine in Amnesia. You might see a fair amount of mens' designer resortwear with longs in evidence in the evening at Blue Marlin !!

Blue Marlin - sure, nip in the loos or change under a towel ! There are large daybeds and sunbeds. Minimum spend required (give them a quick call or drop them an e-mail to check the deal for the dates you're going). In the day, I personally prefer Yemanja btw ... very very cool rather than very glam and literally adjacent ;).

Ta for that, no car hire, cant br ars*d to be honest. Do they have a cloakroom for your bag if you're their for the day.

I'll check that Yemanja out as well

Yemanja - how busy does that get? Do you need to book a table etc there and is it in the same 'dick turpin' league as Blue Marlin in what it charges...???

Sound, can i lend your car then ? :)

:lol:

Yemanja - how busy does that get? Do you need to book a table etc there and is it in the same 'dick turpin' league as Blue Marlin in what it charges...???

I would book a table in peak season, yes, and it's not as Dick Turpin as Blue Marlin, no. Cala Jondal is the trendiest beach for the yacht-owning set in Ibiza so nowhere there's priced like your local boozer .. but that said you can get a bottle of Laurent Perrier Rose champagne for about 90 Euros at Yemanja, which is less than a lot of bars in UK.

Food's fancy and I actually think a bit better than Blue Marlin but there's not much in it - Gazpacho, Salads, etc. perfect for me usually in the daytime (can't eat heavy meals in that heat). Nice cocktails. Massages on-site and a little boutique for the ladies too. You can sit and look straight at the Blue Marlin bling next door - so no loss of eye-candy - but Yemanja usually has a nice-looking (savvier) crowd too ! :lol:

Back