Looking for an apartment for the month of August

The_millsy

Hi again all.

I hope the winter season has treated you all well.

I’m looking to spend the entire month of August on The White Isle this year with my young family.

I wondered if anyone on here can recommend any places or have friends that rent their place out.

I’m looking for a modern place near restaurants shops and in a ideal world a pool and near the beach.
Anywhere on the island really apart from Bossa and San An.

I tried Airbnb but the prices are insane. I have a budget of about €4000 for the month and was hoping to get a decent place for that.

Cheers

J

I know and it’s my least favourite month to visit too. But it’s the only time I can make it this year........sadly. So it has to be that month.
Well some residents leave the island in August I know that..and don't rent there places to groups of party people so you might be lucky having the young family.. do you Know people living there?

I wouldn't say impossible with that sort of budget but it's certainly gonna be a very tricky one.

if you look at places that are being rented out as summer rental only, they start at 1200€ per month for the absolute smallest of places (studios really). a regular flat you can hardly get under 2k as a summer rental place. now you just need something for one month and it's the trickiest one.

maybe @jimmiz has some contacts for up in portinatx?

Well some residents leave the island in August I know that..and don't rent there places to groups of party people so you might be lucky having the young family.. do you Know people living there?
Sadly not. Even after visiting for 23 years. Which is terrifying in its self.

I wouldn't say impossible with that sort of budget but it's certainly gonna be a very tricky one.

if you look at places that are being rented out as summer rental only, they start at 1200€ per month for the absolute smallest of places (studios really). a regular flat you can hardly get under 2k as a summer rental place. now you just need something for one month and it's the trickiest one.

Thanks Stivi. I could go up a bit, but trying to do the entire month on a 8k budget and that includes flights and spending.

Mmmm... Maybe.
But the choice of restaurants and bars in Portinatx, erm...
For one week it's OK, but personally I wouldn't spend an entire month in Portinatx without a car.

Actually the deal with my friend is free eggs, vegetables and fruits from his finca for the next 10 years if I bring him customers ??

If you're OK for a nice place "en el Campo", I have a very good deal...

I would rather be near the sea, but I wouldn't rule anything out. I would need to see photos

Does it tick any of my boxes?

'I’m looking for a modern place near restaurants shops and in a ideal world a pool and near the beach"

Back