London Theatre - Recommendations?

Buckley

Anyone seen anything decent lately? I saw War Horse recently and really enjoyed it having not been for a while before that. Six Degrees Of Separation at The Old Vic on my own one afternoon a few months ago was my last outing before that.

All recommendations are paid for in beer.

Ive only seen Dirty Dancing and Billy Elliott in the last 6 months. Guessing they might not be what you are after :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Dirty Dancing? Really? I'd sooner be crucified :lol:

Hence the :oops: smiley :lol: !!

I dont know wether I should admit to this, but theres something about the final scene with the Bill Medley and Jennifer Warnes song that gets me :oops: Must be one of those films/scenes that brings back fond memories ;)

I wouldn't recommend it - Tom took me when it first came out and his reaction afterwards was 'do not EVER EVER EVER put me through 2 hours of that again' :lol:

I thought it was AMAZING :lol:

But he took you, how can he blame you :confused: :lol:

What was mazing about it, the soundtrack? Did they have the final 'time of my life' scene ???

But he took you, how can he blame you :confused: :lol:

What was mazing about it, the soundtrack? Did they have the final 'time of my life' scene ???

Well he didn't really have much choice in taking me :lol: I saw it a second time and he gave me tickets and told me to take a friend :lol:

EVERYTHING about it is AMAZING - if you love the film you will love the play. Yes they do the final 'I've had the time of my life' scene. Everytime they do a key scene or quote from the film, you've got 100s of screaming hormonal women shrieking at Johnny on the stage :oops::lol:

Take your wife though, it will get you good husband points FOREVER :lol:

Totally agree with Barbie, its amazing! We had rubbish seats to the side thanks to a f**k up with Last Minute.com but it was still soooo good. They do pretty much every scene from the film perfectly. Loved it.

I really want to see Wicked, Priscilla of the Desert and Lion King now. Just seem to be so expensive for decent seats.

Are you being cryptic, if so right over my head:oops:!

I would love to see a production of faust.

I imagine you have long ago done The Mouse Trap, Buckers?

I've not actually. Did it not close a few years ago, despite it's then (now?) longest running status?

Woman in Black is meant to be good - only 2 actors in it but very spooky so Im told

Women in Black is very good, my wife took me to see it a few years ago

Faust is running at the new Vic its got new music written by Nic Cave if that floats your boat.

Took my parents to see Jersey Boys in august which was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Women in Black is very good, my wife took me to see it a few years ago

Faust is running at the new Vic its got new music written by Nic Cave if that floats your boat.

Took my parents to see Jersey Boys in august which was a lot better than I thought it would be.

Seen Woman in Black Rob. Faust and Jersey Boys as possibles.

Back