London Night Out Advice

supermfc

Off to Wembley next week for the boxing and looking for advice on where is good to go afterwards area wise. Not looking for a 'rave' type of night so nowhere like fabric (although im loving the lineup that night) just somewhere decent to have a few drinks to celebrate AJs win!!

Cheers in advance!!

Try Browns in Shoreditch.... and bring plenty of pound coins
Cheers, I'll check it out. Is there plenty of bars in Shoreditch? Is it a decent area to go?

Thanks again.

EDIT: Just googled this place... hahaha not quite what we were thinking but will keep it in mind!

Last edited:
Londoners, your suggestions please:)

This Saturday the better half, daughter and I are off to London. Its a bit of a flying visit, my daughter is attending a presentation at the Law Society near Fleet Street/Courts etc. We will be returning from Euston.

It will be done and dusted by about 3pm and we have an open train ticket home. Looking for some mid range rustic drinks/eats nothing flashy, ideas on what to do for 4/5 hours. Outside space, rooftop bar, meal deals etc.....

or maybe some beats and food?

Daughter is 4 days off her 18 birthday (she looks 18 when dressed up), so that might hinder us?

cheers

diver

Last edited:
@Amp and Deck

You must have some ideas?

ah man, have not lived in London since 2012 so the wrong person to ask but last time I was over a few weeks back, I was taken to King's Cross and that area off york way where the clubs used to be has been transformed. The bar there now spiritland doesn't exactly serve the cheapest drinks but does offer a really nice chilled option, not too far from the station and good music, with loads of other market food style options in that courtyard.

if you want more traditional fayre - try out the jerusalem tavern in clerkenwell, tiny little boozer steeped in history with lots of ales. (check it's still there. not been in ages. one of a kind)

there are also 2/3 decent-ish boozers nearer top end of gray's inn road, about 5 min walk to king's cross, if you want basic pub grub

you will probably balk at the drinks prices everywhere to be honest, in time-honoured Northern fashion!

Now this thread has been revived, how did you get on?
After the boxing, we werent sure were we needed to be. Just followed the general direction of the crowd and found a pub not far from wembley to have a drink and wait for things to settle down.

The plan was to head to Shoreditch and hit a few bars and a club there but my friends decided at the last minute they didnt fancy that anymore and just gonna see if there is anything near our apartment (in paddington). I was quite annoyed by this but had no choice but to go with them and needless to say not much was happening in Paddington.

So after the highs from the boxing the night pretty much ended on a low for me!

Thanks for all your suggestions anyway!

Back