London Advice

MARKB

I'm working in London next week on Monday / Tuesday and will be based around Bishopsgate / Liverpool Street Station.

Got to book a hotel and was wondering if it's a half decent area to stay / play in?

Not after a epic clubbing adventure, just a half decent night out. (Spittalsfield is close by I think?)

Any suggestions for this Northern Monkey from my fast talking, non door opening for old people, dead behind the eyes, suspicious of strangers, thousand yard stare on the Tube, use my dead body for a footstool, Southern brethren? :lol:

UPDATE: I've decided to stay near Russell Sq, false alarm.

Last edited by a moderator:
well not much going on on a monday / tuesday! will be full of after work city boys around 5pm but places get lively. not sure what your looking for as theres no parties as such.

In terms of pubs theres a really nice, propper old school boozer on brick lane (liverpool st end) called The Pride of Spitalfields , just on a side street down from the 10 Bells pub (also ok) but its cheaper.

Theres obviously loads of Curry houses on brick lane but to be honest they're all very similar and pretty average. for a good one head to Tayyabs in Whitechapel but expect to wait for a table.

Update; this is now irrelevant haha

well not much going on on a monday / tuesday! will be full of after work city boys around 5pm but places get lively. not sure what your looking for as theres no parties as such.

In terms of pubs theres a really nice, propper old school boozer on brick lane (liverpool st end) called The Pride of Spitalfields , just on a side street down from the 10 Bells pub (also ok) but its cheaper.

Theres obviously loads of Curry houses on brick lane but to be honest they're all very similar and pretty average. for a good one head to Tayyabs in Whitechapel but expect to wait for a table.

Update; this is now irrelevant haha

No Mate, this is good stuff I can check out these places after work and head over to Russel Sq later to get my head down, many thanks!

Cafe 1001 is always worth popping into theres occasionally parties going on at odd times in their massive back room. its just before the Vibe bar and 93ft east in its own courtyard.

Have been recomended the Red Dog Saloon too for american diner style stuff.
http://www.reddogsaloon.co.uk/

Back