Local Fiestas in July - info needed

puppylover

Hi One of my favourite things about visiting Ibiza is the local fiestas/celebrations. This year I will be lucky enough to catch one on on the 10th of July and this one........

16. July - Nuestra Senora des Carmen. She is the Patron Saint of all fishermen. There is a holiday in Ibiza Town, San Antonio and Formentera, including a procession on the water in Ibiza Town. Es Cubells celebrates its Patron Saint's day.

Can anyone advise if this involves fireworks ..... I just love fireworks - I get all emotional :eek:

there is also a boat procession on the sea in san antonio. i was in it once and very moving it was too. first there is a service in the church and the statue of the virgin is carried down to the harbour accompanied by a brass band. the statue and band are put on board a boat.
all the boats then set off at the same time, there are fishing boats, glass bottom boats, cruisers, water ski boats, even jimmy's parasailing, though not too many pedaloes. the reach a point in the bay where wreaths are thrown into the water and the boats circle round and round sounding their klaxons.
then everybody comes back and has a 'few' drinks.

it's pretty much the same in ibiza too.

as a bylaw in ibiza all local saints days must have fireworks so there'll be some at es cubells

puppylover said:
Hi One of my favourite things about visiting Ibiza is the local fiestas/celebrations. This year I will be lucky enough to catch one on on the 10th of July and this one........

16. July - Nuestra Senora des Carmen. She is the Patron Saint of all fishermen. There is a holiday in Ibiza Town, San Antonio and Formentera, including a procession on the water in Ibiza Town. Es Cubells celebrates its Patron Saint's day.

Can anyone advise if this involves fireworks ..... I just love fireworks - I get all emotional :eek:

What and where is the one on the 10th July?

lovely - I dont mind pork chops on a grill in a car park, but a huge pig on a spit in a carpark would just make my head explode...... I am traumatised since being in Hawaii and going to a Luau(sp?) and finding out that the dinner was a huge pig cooking in the ground covered in leaves it had been cooking all day - it was seriously the worst sight I have ever seen :eek:

stephen said:
as a bylaw in ibiza all local saints days must have fireworks
sant josep - march 19th, 2004:

2004-03-28_IMG_2004-03-21_01.00.01__85-EDRENR-21032004.JPG

:D

Back