Lightbox in London

Has anyone been to the light box in London?
What do they think of it?

Is it part of Fire? If so, half the Spotlight London Oldtimers have frequented it when it was one of the places guaranteed to be open on Sat and Sunday morning. Used to be very gay, very druggy and much fun.

I'm afraid I have no recent knowledge....

Yeah part of Fire. I dont think its huge from what i can remember. they are doing an afterparty there every week at the mo

Looking at the fire complex (well, Lightbox in particular) to host Transcend's first birthday, but not had a chance to go myself yet.

Been a few times and I liked it, security is overzealous and I wouldn't call it s****y.

Mixed crowd and cans rather than taps (£4 for a can of red stripe roughly) but it has a nice terrace/outside area and the sound system is decent.

Of course the light show is something else. So cool if you have not been before.

Like anywhere it depends on the night but it is a decent enough venue.

In terms of a venue for a Trance party that is attainable I'd say its probs a good choice. Have you spoken to people at Ministry? they have different promoters in for their various rooms these days

I haven't approached ministry. I'm intending to book a couple of well known names in the scene for the first birthday, and that wouldn't be possible in the other rooms at MoS. Couldn't see someone like Indecent Noise playing the baby box :lol:

I quite like the videos I've seen of Light Box, always been somewhere I want to visit I just never get round to it.

It is part of the Fire complex in Vauxhall. Mostly known as a gay club. Sunday mornings are straight - a lot of people I know go there until 11am for a wreckhead night. Sunday afternoons it becomes a gay venue again I believe.

Get yourself to Fabric obviously. Shame you missed Cable. And spend some time around Shoreditch. Or maybe look at Egg @ Kings Cross. Plenty of warehouse parties too.

Even Brixton has some decent nights going on now @ Electric Brixtion, Plan B & Brixton Clubhouse.

did someone post here before sayin "last time they went to Vauxhall they got a stingy anus"....:lol:

Been to Fabric a few times from when I used to live there. Always ended up going on the wrong nights though so never really got the most out of the venue.
Haven't been to the Egg either, somewhere else I'd like to go.

Whenever I see a good line up. Need to get in contact with the TS guys so we don't end up with an event on the same night

Egg should be better than it is. They do everything in-house and it has this reputation of being abit sub standard even though its not awful and they have a huge space with a solid license

Went to the Clockwork Orange 20th Anniversary party there back in March. It was in Fire & Lightbox. That night was busy, and it was quite cramped in places. Security put in a one way system which eased things up a bit. Thought it was a great place for a party, but as with everywhere, I suppose it's what sort of crowd you get that makes the night. The vibe from the crowd on this night was absolute class!

Sound system and lighting was good.

Nice big outdoor area.

Only gripe was the taxi queue afterwards, but thats standard in most places I guess!

Eggs good I work there do i would say that.. been there 5 years still love it... The trance sanctuary things are really good & is daytime aswell.. Lightbox is a pretty good space. Lights are cool holds 300-400 people.. Fire /area are straight now apart from Sundays and sometimes after hours. Give me a pm if you would like guestlist for egg. Have fun :)

Back