liam howlett (the prodigy) says..........

McRackin

Super Moderator
"We had to really fight to get respect," says Howlett. "The dance scene in particular has always been quite snobby against us." He has relentlessly baited clubbers in the past, memorably telling one journalist that he hoped Ibiza got bombed. Understandably, he is unmoved by dance music's recent decline in fortunes. "I really don't know much about it to be honest. I don't listen to much dance music. That kind of Ibiza music, that shit that Pete Tong plays, I hate that shit. I sound like my dad, but it's f***ing music by numbers. The lack of imagination does my brain in. Like, if I'm in a petrol station and the dude pulls in with his f***ing shades and his nice shirt and his car stereo playing his Ibiza music, it just f***ing irritates me. They're so f***ing annoying. It's so stale, something needs to poke out. It would be cool to have bands that are like, electronic bands with leather jackets on, but with no guitars, no drum-kits, just raw electronics. If there's any f***ing kids out there, I'm up for producing you, because I'm into the idea of creating an army against the DJs."

complete interview here :!:

1555117.jpg

Liam Howlett sounds like a prize c**k.

Funny how Pete Tong was actually playing the Prodigy's last one, Girls.

Stu Hirst said:

exactly what i thought.

& attacking the scene which made him in an attempt to appear controversial and interesting is a bit sad.

I don't think Liam Howlett is in a position to critise any music after producing the abomination that was 'Baby's Got a Temper'!

'Girls' is a clas track though.

It would have to a 'Lord of the Rings' size army if he wants to fight the DJs.

Hypocritical words there from Liam…

Perhaps he should consider updating his own sound before criticising others; his new material may have sounded fresh in the mid nineties, when collaborating with the Gallacher brothers on a track may have been considered cool.

Leather jackets, raw electronics, nice shirts…mong! :eek:

I think your missing his point - he is trying to get away from the music by numbers and the sheep mentality.

You know everyone in a Von Dutch cap listening to the same Hed Kandi 92 CD. Thats what he meant by leather jackets e.t.c.

Everything needs a change. Liam sounds like a grumpy old man. Probably because he failed updating his own sound during the past 7 years !

Stu Hirst said:

Are you playing at Breakitdown in Edinburgh?

I saw Liam in a local tescos the other day and he was wearing pink plim soles. I should of asked him where the leather jacket was.

o_O

theprodigyofficial said:
Just finished a collaboration with the sleaford mods for our album called 'ibiza'...., Its fukin deadly ! #theprodigy , #sleafordmods , #youaintreadyforthisshit

Back