Leftfield, Booka Shade, Garnier, Zabiela, MANDY, et.al. @ Brixton Academy

Looks immense , some friends are going. There's always touts at the top of the stairs at the tube section for nearly every gig in brixton so you'd be able to get tickets its just a question of how much

Looks immense , some friends are going. There's always touts at the top of the stairs at the tube section for nearly every gig in brixton so you'd be able to get tickets its just a question of how much
Well... ya... that's a big question!
Are tix supposed to cost 55 pounds? :confused:
my mate is promoting this......
Yes.... and????? :D

Doing a double header I see Morbs ;)

Tamsyn and a few of my mates are going to this.

I'll be watching the clasico on saturday night

John - a pal was looking to get rid of one on FB a few days back, shall I see if it's still about?

Only saw this the other day and part of me died inside that I'm not going. Events like this are why I actually need to move to London.

Saw Leftfield at Creamfields and they were just ridiculous. And Zabiela on the bill as well. Amazing!

Can you not get tickets off the original link?

Seems you can....although I havent gone all the way to the end.

I was just coming back to say that I'd gone back on the O2 B.A. site and now there are tickets available. It's apparently not sold out anymore! :lol:

I was pretty bowled over it was sold out to be honest ... would never have put money on that !

I was just coming back to say that I'd gone back on the O2 B.A. site and now there are tickets available. It's apparently not sold out anymore! :lol:

John - are you sorted? I can ask for you if you aren't?

I was pretty bowled over it was sold out to be honest ... would never have put money on that !

why would you have said that? some huge huge names...

why would you have said that? some huge huge names...

It's just the line-up mix, timing after Easter and fact it's at Brixton Academy / London (not in the North). Sometimes you look at a lineup and think it'll sell out weeks ahead other times other times you think it probably won't. It's a bit like a micro-festival lineup.. but overall one which to me would strike the loudest chord with a slightly older crowd.

Personally, if I hadn't already committed to other stuff this w/end I'd go myself as I think the line-up's great .. it's only Zabiela on there for me who would put me off at a venue gig (just a pet hate !) but one artist is not enough to be a killer.

Line-up wise if this was in Germany/Switzerland, Booka shade live alone would probably sell it out - especially if at the top of the list and given M.A.N.D.Y. on it too. For many of the under-35s here tho', Leftfield is a retro-headliner (unlike Garnier who has a draw for all ages even now, and Zabiela who has a large fan-base in their 20s).. but I just goth the feeling that although there was something for a huge range of people that overall, it might not do enough of the right things for large groups of them here and although it should be popular it wouldn't sell out early.

M.A.N.D.Y.'s DJ sets always seem to be a big divider of opinion .. but after 'Home' I'd have thought seeing their name alongside Booka Shade on a lineup (albeit separately) would be a net positive.

Dunno - you just get a feeling sometimes ! Should be a great night though.

M.A.N.D.Y (well one of em anyway) will be playing 8 -10 am after party at Jaded , london Bridge btw on sunday morning

John - are you sorted? I can ask for you if you aren't?.
Sorted now. Thanks!

Really looking forward to this :D

Saw Booka Shade live in Moscow last week and it was awesome 8)
(only we arrived halfway through their hour-long set :confused:).

M.A.N.D.Y (well one of em anyway) will be playing 8 -10 am after party at Jaded , london Bridge btw on sunday morning

Update ... (source - fb)
Jaded

Sorry guys M.A.N.D.Y. won't appear at Jaded this Sunday morning due to a rescheduling of their main Saturday gig. Sorry for disappointment. Another time we hope!

Back