Leeds Clubbing?

Phil_Soulman

Hey,

Visiting leeds on 9th April and was wondering if anyone knows any decent house clubs / bars? Thinking about Glasshouse which was pretty good last time.....can't see much on DSI :/ about as close as ill get to ibiza clubbing this year :eek::eek::eek:

Hey,

Visiting leeds on 9th April and was wondering if anyone knows any decent house clubs / bars? Thinking about Glasshouse which was pretty good last time.....can't see much on DSI :/ about as close as ill get to ibiza clubbing this year :eek::eek::eek:

Phil, I am totally biased but Back to Basics is the night out to have in Leeds. Had not been for ages until a few weeks back, it's hard to even find information about the nights these days. We had a fantastic night, it is as dark and totally debauched as ever.

Loads of great bars in Leeds, totally depends what you want. Only trouble can be the bars are TOO busy.

I have a visit to Leeds on my UK bucket list. I have met some cracking people from Leeds in Ibiza. When I lived in Norwich I wanted to visit different places and never got around to it.

I actually just got back from a Thu/Friday Leeds blitz visiting mates who go to uni there.

Definitely rate Mint, really cool club with a good system and normally cheapish cover and drinks.

Having said that we went to Mint on the Thu night for teknicolour (Saytek) and it was pretty empty which was a shame. Also can't really remember anything of the night but apparently this crazy American girl I was travelling with bit my lip so I was dripping blood (which I guess didn't perturb either of us) so she ended up with blood on her face which freaked my other companions and I'm sure other randoms out.. But that's besides the point.

Also checked out Wire for the first time on the Fri, I'd recommend it although it was a drum and bass night which is far from my preference.

Not sure exactly what's occurring around the 9th but have a look at Mint / Wire and Stinky's to see if anything appeals.

oh and where is basics if its on? I know Leeds a little bit... 8)

http://www.stinkyspeephouse.co.uk/

It's not far from the centre although we usually jump in a cab and ask for stinkys, it's only a couple of quid, it is easy to get lost looking for the venue after a few beers! Althought not listed on the stinkys website I am 99% certain it is still on every Saturday, maybe Crispy Duck can confirm.

The crowd are mad for it @ basics, if you go and love it (can't imagine how anyone wouldn't), the crazy birthday parties in November are an absolute must, making DC10 look tame:evil:

Depending on stamina, there is always somewhere to go afterwards.

This is the listings for this weekend hope it helps :)

April 9th: CADENZA SHOWCASE

ARGY (CADENZA / COCOON / POKER FLAT / IBADAN)
ALEX PICONE (CADENZA / BASS CULTURE)
RALPH LAWSON (2020 SOUNDSYSTEM / WE LOVE)

BlackBox: Electronique

This place has been on my list of to-do's for many years but so far away, the birthday sounds good is it hard to get tickets?

This place has been on my list of to-do's for many years but so far away, the birthday sounds good is it hard to get tickets?

We have never had problems, also they have a policy of a paying guest list for people travelling from afar if you get in touch with the office, I reckon your neck of the woods qualifies:D

I think I might do that in November then gives us plenty of time to save for a hotel and travel, don't fancy the drive home mind but I'll worry about that when the time comes!

This is the listings for this weekend hope it helps :)

April 9th: CADENZA SHOWCASE

ARGY (CADENZA / COCOON / POKER FLAT / IBADAN)
ALEX PICONE (CADENZA / BASS CULTURE)
RALPH LAWSON (2020 SOUNDSYSTEM / WE LOVE)

BlackBox: Electronique

sweeet!! im going there!!! :D cheers for all the help :twisted:

well jealous, saw ralph lawson there few weeks ago was amazing, id be there but with space and dc10 opening in a few weeks got muchos saving to be done woo hoo

Back