leaving to andalucia!

stivi

just wanted to say bye for a while...

i'm leaving to andalucia for a week on sunday! 8) and i'm very tempted to see granada, cordoba, sevilla, tarifa and ronda...and also malaga, where we're flying to and from.

any special hints/tips from you spanish friends? silvia??? :D

anyway, have a good week and see you soon again here on the forum (and in july on the island!)!

Andalucía is wonderfull, specially on spring, really really jealous.

Eat as much tapas as you can and drink Fino, their typical wine :D
IMO Sevilla and Granada are must do's, book tickets in advance for La Alhambra cos it's stunning (do the extended tour and visit both gardens and buildings, really worth).
Tarifa it's surfers paradise but I prefer Cabo de Gata in Almeria, a Natural Park with 175 km of virgin coasts (probabl last virgin coasts in the mediterranean :( ) it's a very special place and the beaches are superb :D :D :D

buy lots of olive oil and montilla
try migas and mojama
drink alhambra special brew
book in advance to see the alhambra
stop off in priego de cordoba and guadix on route to granada and cordoba and leave yourself time to stop off in the white villages
don't engage in conversation with any gypsy girls and avoid flamenco at all costs!
be careful with the coffee, it's super strong
if you can understand what any of them say then you're an expert in the spanish language!
have a great time and don't attempt to count the olive trees!

luckily i had my hat!
12251653-9225-013D0200-.jpg

in the 'arab' market in the centre of granada. i was actually admiring the sevillana dresses hanging on the walls above at the time.

stephen said:
in the 'arab' market in the centre of granada. i was actually admiring the sevillana dresses hanging on the walls above at the time.

I know, it's so surprising, it really seems an arab street but the sevillan@ stuff it's shocking!

Nostrum, arabic stuff like clothes, arab shoes and all that it's really cheap in Granada and some look really nice

silvia said:
stephen said:

I know, it's so surprising, it really seems an arab street but the sevillan@ stuff it's shocking!

Nostrum, arabic stuff like clothes, arab shoes and all that it's really cheap in Granada and some look really nice

can you get Arab shoes?!! 8)

silvia and stephen - thank you very much for your tips!

i already had booked my alhambra tickets and YES, we will definitely eat MUCHAS TAPAS and try some fino!!! :D

i also look forward to drink strong coffee, eat jamon serrano (sp?) seeing these whitewashed houses and trying to understand some conversation :lol:

has anyone been to cadiz? we're also thinking of maybe going there. any good?

nostrum said:

i already had booked my alhambra tickets and YES, we will definitely eat MUCHAS TAPAS and try some fino!!! :D

i also look forward to drink strong coffee, eat jamon serrano (sp?) seeing these whitewashed houses and trying to understand some conversation :lol:

Nostrum,
Isn't too much cadiz, malaga, ronda, granada, sevilla, tarifa and all that in a week? :eek:

silvia said:
nostrum said:

Nostrum,
Isn't too much cadiz, malaga, ronda, granada, sevilla, tarifa and all that in a week? :eek:

sil', right...i think we can make either cadiz OR tarifa (which is my preferred) - but not both.
what do you think about our plan:
arrive in malaga
next day to granada (--> alhambra)
next day to cordoba (--> mezquita)
next day to sevilla (two days in sevilla)
then either to cadiz OR tarifa
then to ronda (this is sure because we'll be staying in the parador there)
and then back to malaga...

i know it'll be a "busy week", but i think this might work out ;) :?:

nostrum said:
sil', right...i think we can make either cadiz OR tarifa (which is my preferred) - but not both.
what do you think about our plan:
arrive in malaga
next day to granada (--> alhambra)
next day to cordoba (--> mezquita)
next day to sevilla (two days in sevilla)
then either to cadiz OR tarifa
then to ronda (this is sure because we'll be staying in the parador there)
and then back to malaga...

i know it'll be a "busy week", but i think this might work out ;) :?:

I will definitly choose Tarifa too ;)
If I'm not wrong it's a lot of driving, check this page and it will give you the km and time between one point to another
http://www.guiacampsa.com/bienvenidoalinfinito/gcampsa/ruta/calcular/itinerario.aspx?codIdioma=2

got back from andalucia last night - had a fabulous week there!!! report will follow soon.... aaaah, it was brilliant!

Back