bugbitten

LWE presents...
DRUMCODE - 15 YEARS
SAT 29TH OCTOBER
10PM TO 6AM
GREAT SUFFOLK ST WAREHOUSE,
LONDON, SE1 0NR

adamBeyer.jpg

This year Drumcode is 15 years old; the occasion will be marked with a series of very special events around the World along with a compilation featuring a selection of tracks from our regular artists to commemorate it.

Adam Beyer and Drumcode are synonymous with all that is exciting about techno. Adam has emerged as the figurehead of the prolific Swedish Techno scene and his focused approach to his craft and label confirm Drumcode's reputation as the worlds leading force in cutting edge techno!

Drumcode has and always will be about a very clear musical vision. Honest, forward thinking and functional; the label has stayed on its one true course from the outset; providing a consistent home to core artists and a platform to leaders of the techno new-wave.

To help celebrate the London leg of the show Adam has hand picked a selection of his favorite artists from the label and Drumcode's sister label Truesoul hosts Arch 2 to return to the scene of the legendary party at Ewer St.

Drumcode 15 Years
Arch 1 - Drumcode
Adam Beyer
Paul Ritch Live
Joseph Capriati
Alan Fitzpatrick

Arch 2 - Truesoul
Joel Mull
Alexi Delano
Ida Engberg

Very limited Early Bird tickets £10 on sale from:
http://www.londonwarehouseevents.co.uk

Info:
info@londonwarehouseevents.co.uk / 07814179946

Joseph Capriarti makes a rare appearance in the UK...

Joseph Capriati begins 2011 in the enviable position of being exactly where he wants to be. Well documented as one of the brightest new stars in techno, 2010 was the year when Capriati's natural talent and huge potential blossomed; reinforcing the momentum which has been driving the 23 year old Neapolitan's career forward at an unrelenting pace since he made his production debut in 2007. Starting 2010 with his remixes of Adam Beyer's seminal ‘Remainings III', fans have been spoilt with a steady flow of landmark productions including the release of his debut album ‘Save My Soul' on home town label Analytic Trail; his chart topping remix of Joey Beltram's ‘Slice' reissue; the marathon seven-track ‘Gashouder' EP for Drumcode; and a debut on Richie Hawtin's Plus 8 label via Joseph's ‘Wope' collaboration with Paco Osuna. It is then no wonder Joseph is content and ready for more success in 2011.

Check out Mix from Joseph Capriarti on Drumcode Radio:
http://www.mixcloud.com/adambeyer/dcr046-drumcode-radio-joseph-capriati-guest-mix/

Tickets Selling fast!
LWE HQ: http://www.londonwarehouseevents.co.uk
RA: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?289131

Paul Ritch Live at Drumcode 15..

The name Paul Ritch echoes around the world. His productions and live sets, charged with pure adrenaline and characterised by his powerful, harmonic, and deep techno, has made him be the holder of a unique mark of sounds in which, his passion and power transmit numerous memorable music moments.

Paul performs all around the world including clubs such as Berghaim (Berlin), Fuse (Bruselas), Nitsa (Barcelona), Vox (Athens), Cocoon Club (Frankfurt), Goa (Rome and Madrid), Rex (Paris), Sankeys (Manchester), Lux (Lisbon), Circus (Liverpool) and Womb, Tokyo (Japan), among many others. He has also performed at at all the most excitng festivals including Awakenings, Neo Pop Festival, Uzes Festival, Electrosonic Festival, Voolt Festival, and WMC.

Paul Ritch is considered to be one of the most highly regarded artists and producers in the global electronic scene.

Check out video of Paul Ritch Live at Awakenings Festival 2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7oMnqJLX2Tg

All £12.50 and £15 tickets sold out / £17.50 tickets on sale now
LWE: www.londonwarehouseevents.co.uk
RA: http://www.residentadvisor.net/event.aspx?289131

Drumcode 15th Birthday and Halloween party is less then 2 weeks away...

We're preparing a Drumcode Halloween potion for you...
We're all dressing up - Are you?

In the spirit of Halloween we are preparing a very special Halloween potion for you...

We are all dressing up are you? Cant wait to see all the spooktacular outfits

Alan Fitzpatrick
The continued rise of Alan Fitzpatrick is the biggest story in UK techno right now. Having enjoyed a rapid ascent since his emergence as the new kid on the techno block in the latter half of 2009, Fitzpatrick now enjoys a status as a highly respected and in-demand producer. By releasing his debut album for Adam Beyer's globally renowned Drumcode label, Alan became the first act to record an album on Drumcode since 2005. The well-received ‘Shadows In The Dark' long-player marked the culmination of a run of productions that saw Fitzpatrick publically name-checked as a one of the most exciting producers in techno by Adam Beyer, Dubfire, Carl Cox, John Digweed and Len Faki and being awarded a BBC Radio 1 Essential New Tune for his anthemic Reflections single on Bedrock. 2011 will see Alan evolve an already impressive production CV via collaborations with Adam Beyer, Cari Lekebusch and Joseph Capriati as well as remixes of Mark Broom, Funk D'Void and Alex Bau.

EXCLUSIVE mix from ALAN FITZPATRICK
http://www.sendspace.com/file/u5kbrd

saw at glade festival , mind blowing in that mind set. id just go afterparty tbh n save yaself some bob like the chris leibing one

2 late ... just home !! Got a Jaded wristband but needed some kip and to get home before the Met swarmed the roads...

Arrived to a big sign that that the clock change would be duly disregarded. Proper banging techno night... made your teeth shake - and what a great setting. You really couldn't hope for a more underground feel and a reminder of how great London can be. Biting my lip on an esoteric review....

If the Maze was going off in Arch 1 I didn't notice - but no bother it was such a relief to see anything goes attitude is alive and well and have a proper good old techno stomp. Loads of party girls and a smattering of relaxed but full on fancy dress to zip things up a bit. Looking around, reckon it was way too hard for some of the London crowd - but happily not for me or enough of the rest to drag the vibe. Loved every minute.

Managed to get parked by 00h10 after 1/2 an hour gridlock on Blackfriars Bridge and in by 00h15 for the final 45mins of Alan Fitzpatrick - absolute blinder tho' like Guy J @ Global was scheduled a wee bit early imho. Arch 2 was even harder but grooved like f**k. All in all a big success - full but not cramped (even by my standards !). Thanks for a great night guys. Hope to see you again soon.

How was the sound?

Went to see Eric Prydz there couple of years ago and it was pretty bad. I'm guessing it was better this time round.

Also went another time and it was freezing, were people dancing in their jackets or did most of them leave them in the cloakroom?

It was a mild night last night so could've been ok

How was the sound?

Went to see Eric Prydz there couple of years ago and it was pretty bad. I'm guessing it was better this time round.

Also went another time and it was freezing, were people dancing in their jackets or did most of them leave them in the cloakroom?

It was a mild night last night so could've been ok

Was on the harder side, so sound was fine. Arch 2 with Alexi Delano was similar to standing in front of a large speaker as your teeth and insides literally vibrated :lol: ... but without the ringin in your ears that often follows !

For me the temperature was perfect, plenty of fresh air circulating so not a flu pit and for once I didn't end up drenched in sweat (8)).

There were a handful of people in leather jackets - but they weren't really dancing and looked like they were from the Levant so it maybe seemed on the cool side to them. In contrast, a handful of guys had their shirts off. The rest in t-shirts (guys) / urban clubbing gear (girls) or theatrical outfits of varying sorts and no-one looked uncomfortable inside or on smoking terrace.

did u get a wiff of who was gona be playing at Jaded?? If Liebing did it after his carpark gig it wouldnt surprise me if Beyer did the same

I never asked whether Adam was playing at Cable but would not be at all surprised. Alan Fitzpatrick was certainly going along - was publicized on his facebook page in advance.

Update - yes he was :

Krista Jaded
Jaded Main Room line up for the morning: Adam Beyer and Ida Engberg B2B, Joseph Capriati, Alan Fitzpatrick. Yes.

Last edited by a moderator:
THAT would have been special. Smaller crowd , better soundsystem and the general wrongness of Jaded/Cable

THAT would have been special. Smaller crowd , better soundsystem and the general wrongness of Jaded/Cable

That was likely a great party too. But think the main event deserves the positive feedback it's had so far.

I'll probably get shot for saying it (as she's such a looker and has a huge fan base) but of all the DJs, Ida Engberg was the one who really didn't do it for me that night - tho a niche section of the crowd clearly loved her stuff and that's the point of having the choice I guess. Popped my head round after getting a drink / fag breaks & walked out of her set pronto twice - sounding too much on the brink of D&B or off-kilter from what I wanted to hear. No doubt going B2B with Adam @ afters she would be playing differently .. but Adam / Capriati B2B probably more up my street :p

Atmosphere and crowd size at main event both absolutely spot on - just getting a wee bit busy for me by the final hour but no sardine tin, masses of space to walk around in the middle arches and never once any significant wait to get served a decent drink at very reasonable prices with genuine Red Bull too (8)).

2 things I reckon put a number of people off going to the Ewer St party - and which I've jotted down my take on below 'after the event' :

1) Drumcode's reputation for "lack of variation" in its releases (boring boring factor)

2) Venue / serious issues with sound at previous events which had been hyped on RA.

On the first, there was loads of variation in the sets themselves not least via Adam's guests (Alan Fitzpatrick releases on Bedrock too and played a very varied 2-hr set). As the night built the DJs proved why sometimes a relatively straightforward approach, built from a rocking base but delivered perfectly, is sometimes the key to a blinding night out.. without those dancefloor-killing moments that some of the new breed have been prone to dishing out of late (yawn !!).

On the second - in the end, the atmosphere was spot on for a full-on Techno night and I really liked the crowd there. Very very few people looked like they'd 'made a mistake' (you'll always get one or two), refreshingly free of carboard cutout "camera and guidebook tourists" you have to continually eject from your 'personal space' at MOS for example. Also haven't seen so many girls really digging that kind of techno for yonks (in UK maybe never before !).

Everything just felt stripped down, raw and "right". Something you just can't get in the same way in a conventional nightclub or bar venue. If acoustic perfection is a must then MOS, Fabrik, Plastic People etc. are the places to go, not South of the River Warehouse parties. For me, as long as the sound is not terminally distorted or rigged up in a way that's detracting from the experience then sometimes I'm happy to trade off some sound quality for atmosphere and setting. At this event I think it would be very unfair to slate the Arch 1 sound setup - and haven't seen this .. yet !

Only just twigged that 'The Maze' was the graphic projections in Arch 1 (not sure what I was expecting :rolleyes:) - it takes a great deal to overwhelm me on that front :confused:. What was cool and worthy of mention was the raised DJ booth setup at the front of the arch when I walked in - a number of concentric illuminated rectangles (if that's the right description :?:!:) formed what looked like a picture frame around the DJ booth inside of which were the portly Alan on the right and a guy dressed in full halloween-circus gear with face paint and top hat on the left. It was quite mezmerizing... a bit like looking at a giant marionette cameo. Very clever indeed and really set the scene. Other ancillary projections up on the arch dome were fun but nothing I saw stood out as being particularly out of the ordinary.

Guess when you can give a big tick to atmos, music, vibe, prices, drinks quality, bar staff, crowd and security someone's gotta be doing something right ... would just have been nice to get a preview of the set times other than AF somewhere - was going early for Alan anyway ! :)

I thought the rectangle thing was the Maze? That was what they had at Glade festival which they said was one of the only other places they'd done it. I found it really trippy watching from a distance.
Sounds like a boss night out . I think i remember the drinks being quite reasonable as well last time I was there for Carl Craig

I thought the rectangle thing was the Maze? That was what they had at Glade festival which they said was one of the only other places they'd done it. I found it really trippy watching from a distance.
Sounds like a boss night out . I think i remember the drinks being quite reasonable as well last time I was there for Carl Craig

Yeah, I think you're right ... blimey - I thought I was in a fairly together state of mind at the start of the night .. now I'm not so sure :lol:. Finally a tiny snippet has hit Youtube - but it's a pretty good reflection of the general mood !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=izxjjm__rDQ

Back