La liga de campeones!!

grego

2-0.......what a result, lucky with the sending off no doubt but we had to take advantage of that opportunity when it arose and what an advantage.

i fancy us to pinch a goal in the giuseppe meazza and i can't see inter scoring 4 against us. defo not over but what a chance we've given ourselves. well happy:D:D:D

as for tonight, torn between which game to watch. milan or el barsa. i love the big european nights!!

2-0.......what a result, lucky with the sending off no doubt but we had to take advantage of that opportunity when it arose and what an advantage.

i fancy us to pinch a goal in the giuseppe meazza and i can't see inter scoring 4 against us. defo not over but what a chance we've given ourselves. well happy:D:D:D

as for tonight, torn between which game to watch. milan or el barsa. i love the big european nights!!

was indeed a great result. left it late though and once materazzi got sent off, and they got behind the ball in that Italian way the game had an air of inevitability about it, but fair play Liverpool kept at it and a great strike from capt gerrard

I would say very luck to be honest with the sending off and the huge deflection and then the Gerrard daisy cutter which snuck in! However you make your own luck as they say. How many times have British teams come unstuck in Europe with dubious sendings off??

Apart from the goal I didn't think Gerrard done much but that don't matter now as it is the result that counts and it has given the mickey mousers a great chance of going through.

Funny enough the last time Liverpool played inter Milan in the old European Cup in 1965 the Italians were accussed of match fixing after losing 3 1 at Anfield only to win 3 0 back at the San Siro with 2 of the goals being debatable. 1 of them scoring direct from an in-direct freekick! The referee 'apparently' had an all expenses holiday paid for that summer back in Italy by Inter Milan.

This is not over yet.

Funny enough the last time Liverpool played inter Milan in the old European Cup in 1965 the Italians were accussed of match fixing after losing 3 1 at Anfield only to win 3 0 back at the San Siro with 2 of the goals being debatable. 1 of them scoring direct from an in-direct freekick! The referee 'apparently' had an all expenses holiday paid for that summer back in Italy by Inter Milan.

accused!! it is widely known and generally accepted that Inter bribed everything that moved in the 1960s in an effort to win trophies. their 2 euro cups successes of 1964 and 1965 have a left a host of clubs across europe feeling cheated, even 40 years on, liverpool, borussia dortmund, partisan belgrade, benfica to name a few.

that game i think was the worst, inter scored direct from an indirect freekick and then the 2nd goal was kicked out the keeper's hands as he bounced the ball (and we all know that bouncing the ball by the keeper still means you are in possession of it). see here

the ref Mendibil was a shocker, actually celebrated the inter win with their directors and was banned not long after, admitting he received payment from inter - they bough him a villa on the costa blanca!!

I was flicking through all the games yesterday, (well aside from shalke - Porto)

Best game was probably Roma - Real in terms of end to end action. Real should make it.

Im annoyed at some comments made about Torres in the press and in radio phone ins. Yes the guy purposely fell to the ground, but he was clearly held back!! Had he not fallen the referee WOULDNT have done anything. So he was just forcing the ref into a decision. I wouldnt call it diving more like highlighting the foul!

That is massively different to what Rooney did the other day for example.

As for Chelsea, they should make it through too.

And for tonight... where's jonny???!!!!
I think Barca should play with Etoo, Henry and Messi up front, Xavi, Toure and iniesta in midfield. Stick Deco and Ronnie on the bench.

accused!! it is widely known and generally accepted that Inter bribed everything that moved in the 1960s in an effort to win trophies. their 2 euro cups successes of 1964 and 1965 have a left a host of clubs across europe feeling cheated, even 40 years on, liverpool, borussia dortmund, partisan belgrade, benfica to name a few.

that game i think was the worst, inter scored direct from an indirect freekick and then the 2nd goal was kicked out the keeper's hands as he bounced the ball (and we all know that bouncing the ball by the keeper still means you are in possession of it). see here

the ref Mendibil was a shocker, actually celebrated the inter win with their directors and was banned not long after, admitting he received payment from inter - they bough him a villa on the costa blanca!!

Think Italian football in general has a history of match fixing but then there ain't many countries that haven't at least aroused suspicion. Remember Everton versus Wimbledon last game of the season and Everton needed a win to stay up and were 2 nil down at half time and ended up winning 3-2 after Hans Segers let a dubious pea-roller in! Outrageous.

I was flicking through all the games yesterday, (well aside from shalke - Porto)

Best game was probably Roma - Real in terms of end to end action. Real should make it.

Im annoyed at some comments made about Torres in the press and in radio phone ins. Yes the guy purposely fell to the ground, but he was clearly held back!! Had he not fallen the referee WOULDNT have done anything. So he was just forcing the ref into a decision. I wouldnt call it diving more like highlighting the foul!

That is massively different to what Rooney did the other day for example.

And for tonight... where's jonny???!!!!
I think Barca should play with Etoo, Henry and Messi up front, Xavi, Toure and iniesta in midfield. Stick Deco and Ronnie on the bench.

I agree from what I saw the Roma Madrid game was quality.

Barca will have too much I think for Celtic over two legs. But longer game stays at nil nil and Celtic use there up and at em style then who knows? I think Messi is probably on par with Ronaldo (Man Ure one not goofy one) and Kaka as the best player in the world at the moment.
Man Ure have got a very hard game tonight against Lyon. Lyon have improved hell of a lot since losing to Rangers and have some awesome attacking players in Juninho and Benzema to name a couple.
Milan have got too much strenth and experience for Arsenal but this could be a cracking match.
A good night's viewing on the goggle box and will banish the missus to the bedroom as no doubt she will want the Brits on!

Only the cold, the jostling in the overcrowded away end, and the ear-splitting jeering by the Olympiacos fans whenever Chelsea had the ball kept us awake through that whole match :confused:

Hope we do better at home!

Oh yes.

Great game yesterday. For anyone who just sees the result it might seem like a close game, but it's very misleading.
Sometimes the stats dont lie. Barca had 24 shots on goal, 9 on target, Celtic had 4 on goal and 2 on target, we had 71% posession!

Still, most pleasing factor was Ronnie, showing signs of returning to form.

As for the other games, only saw highlights, but it seemed like Lyon played well and Man Utd did well to score that last minute goal. that'll probably make them favourties.

Arsenal can do it in the San Siro, but it wont be easy, thats still 50-50.

I think Sevilla can turn it round in Spain.

Oh yes.

Great game yesterday. For anyone who just sees the result it might seem like a close game, but it's very misleading.
Sometimes the stats dont lie. Barca had 24 shots on goal, 9 on target, Celtic had 4 on goal and 2 on target, we had 71% posession!

Still, most pleasing factor was Ronnie, showing signs of returning to form.

As for the other games, only saw highlights, but it seemed like Lyon played well and Man Utd did well to score that last minute goal. that'll probably make them favourties.

Arsenal can do it in the San Siro, but it wont be easy, thats still 50-50.

I think Sevilla can turn it round in Spain.

the statistics of the barca game that were amazing were

passes completed - Celtc 112 / Barca 500
% completed - Celtc 645 / barca 82%

I watched some of the Arsenal Milan match. Very entertaining... although you began to wonder exactly how close to the goal Arsenal's players wanted to be before finally taking a shot! They could be practically inside the 6 yard box and still passing the ball around.

yeah yeah.

The real action is tonights uefa cup games.

Proper teams playing proper footie.

us Rangers fans now have the consolation that our rivals across the city cannot really refer to the UEFA cup as the "diddy" cup after the big fuss they made over Seville. :lol:

I watched some of the Arsenal Milan match. Very entertaining... although you began to wonder exactly how close to the goal Arsenal's players wanted to be before finally taking a shot! They could be practically inside the 6 yard box and still passing the ball around.

They would be a brilliant 5 a side team!

Back