Alex Parsons
Trent Anthony
Clint Wuest
Mark Nash

Room 2:
CD
Mark Bowler
Nathan Larkin

After the success of our launch party Kurruption are back to bring you more of the finest entertainment!
The EP lounge has proven to be a big hit with the Kurruption crowd. With a fantastic sound system, great space, friendly staff, nicely priced drinks and a great variety of beers …what more can you ask for??? … Wait, there is more!!.... Kurruption offer you FREE delicious pizza between 8pm and 10pm at every event and best of all we are here to bring you the best in house, breaks and electro!

This month we are very pleased to have JDS (Darren Pearce) as our guest DJ. Darren has been moving dancefloors with his DJ'ing for over 10 years and is increasingly in demand. On the production side of things JDS ( Darren Pearce and Julian Napolitano ) have rocked both the breaks and house worlds yet again with another 'stupidly massive' (James Zabiela) tune 'Purple Funky Monkey'. Radio 1 DJ's caned it and it was one of the biggest selling tunes ever on TCR.
Their sound has become so in demand that they've remixed everyone from Orbital and Jason Nevins to Rennie Pilgrem to name a few!

The Kurruption DJs will be playing alongside Darren and will once again not fail to please! In the main room we will progress from house into a night of floor stomping breaks finishing off with an electro house set from the Kurruption popular Clint Wuest. Down In the den ( Room 2) Nathan, CD and Mark will be impressing us with their Funky, tough and electro house skills.
This really is not one to be missed!
Join our Dontstayin group here for all the news and updates! www.dontstayin.com/parties/kurruption

To hear Alex Parsons' latest electro mix right click and save target as here: http://raven091.hostultra.com/Downloads/DJAlex01.mp3
For all the Kurruption DJ pages, galleries and more music downloads go to the Kurruption web site: www.clubkurruption.co.uk

Email clubkurruption@gmail.com
www.clubkurruption.co.uk
Zoelee: 07879630674

Here's a review from Dave re the last event
thumb.gif

Saturday 18th February, saw the Launch of Kurruption in its brand spanking new home of The Epicurean Lounge (EP-Lounge to those who are not a fan of pronouncing vowels). I had made firm plans to arrive bang on 8pm at the start of things but thanks to our dear friends at the London Underground, the closure of the Hammersmith & City line put the complete Kybosh on that one. I was a bit miffed as I thought I was going to miss out on the free grub that had been promised to all the punters who arrived early doors. Also after being told this new venue was opposite Turnmills, the fact that it was over the road, around the corner and up another street from Turnmills kind of added to my tardy arrival. Anyway after getting there fashionably late My assembled crew and I were greeted by, what I have to say where the friendliest and most helpful door staff that I have come across in ages…..I am not being sarcastic they really were! I meandered inside and was delighted to see that there were an array of gourmet Pizza’s dotted around on tables and after a bite of one tasty slice I was a bit annoyed with myself for stuffing my gob with a Chinese during the journey down.
Lizzie Curious came over for a chat while I was munching and as a strict Vegetarian she gave a big thumbs up to the ones with the veggie toppings…………….. hang on I have just realised that I am writing a clubbing review and this is not the dining out section of the Guardian………my apologies!

So yeah, the main room was pretty impressive walking in, not your usual small and dark sweaty London cavern. The best way to describe the look would be a cross between an upmarket boutique bar and a small art gallery! Plenty of seating and tables were dotted around (and comfy at that!) but it still left a good space for a decent sized dance floor. I saw nice unique little touch in the small bar area, as someone had the clever idea of putting up Biog’s and photo’s of all the DJ’s who were playing that night. That sort of thing is ideal for helping up and coming people boost their profile and if you became a fan of someone playing that night you could check out any future dates and residencies!

Hitting the dance floor I was impressed by the visuals being projected against the far wall……Very cool, although one of my friends did discover that this was a prime opportunity to play shadow puppets and I have to admit I did join in……..and then about 5 other people stopped dancing and started doing it too……Oops sorry!

At this point I must humbly apologise to the DJ who’s name escapes me, who was playing some nice jacking house before the excellent Miss Curious took to the decks, but that set progressed nicely into some more up front beats and it sounded wicked on what I have to say was a truly superb sound system! Lizzie started the ball rolling and boomed out some real classics, as per usual with an LC set her vibrant energy exuded though to the crowd who lapped it all up, so therefore it is time to coin what is now a well used phrase………….Classic Curious!

The only oddity I noticed about the night became apparent when the excellent Tom Allan came on to play. The main room had been busy when I first arrived but the crowd seemed to thin out at the beginning of Tom’s set. “that’s pretty stupid of people” I thought to myself “because this is going to be good”…………..Needless to say Tom was a complete Pro and kicked out his own mixture of tough but uplifting tunes and oh yes he did get the crowd back and it was all good!

I took a break from the main area to check out downstairs, which was a small room that looked fantastic! The last time that I saw carpet on the wall was at a very dodgy psy-trance squat party, but these sheepskin rugs looked far more sophisticated. I danced to an interesting mix of breaks and house. Really nice atmosphere down there and even though I myself could probably qualify for free shares in British & American tobacco, it was a good idea to have a no smoking policy down there, as it made for easy breathing and lets face it this will be the shape of things to come in all venues next year due to recent laws passed by Mr Blair and Co!

I proceeded back up top to get strapped into Alex Parsons set who was playing some fantastically bad breaks and by now the place was packed and the crowd were absolutely loving it! I really loved every minute and what struck me about the atmosphere all night was that everybody seemed to be filled with a smug sense of self-satisfaction because this night seemed like one for people who were “in the know”, which resulted in a crowd of very friendly lovely people! Not a single annoying gurning twat in sight and everybody’s enthusiasm was almost tangible!

My third and final apology must go to T47 because due to a member of my party being a bit to worse for wear, we reluctantly had to leave earlier than I wanted to, really sorry I missed your set! All reports later that weekend advised that the night ended superbly and apparently those friendly Bouncers were even getting down and dirty to the tunes………..brilliant!

The Kurruption crew deserve a big pat on the back for putting on a great night and choosing a new venue that is a real gem of a find! I would also like to comment that with the main stream media slating dance music at the moment and accusing it of stagnation, I think praise should be heaped upon promotions such as Kurruption for doing things just that little bit different. The progression of the music was a delight to behold. Everybody should take note of this night who haven’t been before and those who have should get on down to the next one for another slice………Pizza’s or no Pizza’s!

I for one will certainly be back…………..Well done guys!

Here's a review from Dave re the last event
thumb.gif

Saturday 18th February, saw the Launch of Kurruption in its brand spanking new home of The Epicurean Lounge (EP-Lounge to those who are not a fan of pronouncing vowels). I had made firm plans to arrive bang on 8pm at the start of things but thanks to our dear friends at the London Underground, the closure of the Hammersmith & City line put the complete Kybosh on that one. I was a bit miffed as I thought I was going to miss out on the free grub that had been promised to all the punters who arrived early doors. Also after being told this new venue was opposite Turnmills, the fact that it was over the road, around the corner and up another street from Turnmills kind of added to my tardy arrival. Anyway after getting there fashionably late My assembled crew and I were greeted by, what I have to say where the friendliest and most helpful door staff that I have come across in ages…..I am not being sarcastic they really were! I meandered inside and was delighted to see that there were an array of gourmet Pizza’s dotted around on tables and after a bite of one tasty slice I was a bit annoyed with myself for stuffing my gob with a Chinese during the journey down.
Lizzie Curious came over for a chat while I was munching and as a strict Vegetarian she gave a big thumbs up to the ones with the veggie toppings…………….. hang on I have just realised that I am writing a clubbing review and this is not the dining out section of the Guardian………my apologies!

So yeah, the main room was pretty impressive walking in, not your usual small and dark sweaty London cavern. The best way to describe the look would be a cross between an upmarket boutique bar and a small art gallery! Plenty of seating and tables were dotted around (and comfy at that!) but it still left a good space for a decent sized dance floor. I saw nice unique little touch in the small bar area, as someone had the clever idea of putting up Biog’s and photo’s of all the DJ’s who were playing that night. That sort of thing is ideal for helping up and coming people boost their profile and if you became a fan of someone playing that night you could check out any future dates and residencies!

Hitting the dance floor I was impressed by the visuals being projected against the far wall……Very cool, although one of my friends did discover that this was a prime opportunity to play shadow puppets and I have to admit I did join in……..and then about 5 other people stopped dancing and started doing it too……Oops sorry!

At this point I must humbly apologise to the DJ who’s name escapes me, who was playing some nice jacking house before the excellent Miss Curious took to the decks, but that set progressed nicely into some more up front beats and it sounded wicked on what I have to say was a truly superb sound system! Lizzie started the ball rolling and boomed out some real classics, as per usual with an LC set her vibrant energy exuded though to the crowd who lapped it all up, so therefore it is time to coin what is now a well used phrase………….Classic Curious!

The only oddity I noticed about the night became apparent when the excellent Tom Allan came on to play. The main room had been busy when I first arrived but the crowd seemed to thin out at the beginning of Tom’s set. “that’s pretty stupid of people” I thought to myself “because this is going to be good”…………..Needless to say Tom was a complete Pro and kicked out his own mixture of tough but uplifting tunes and oh yes he did get the crowd back and it was all good!

I took a break from the main area to check out downstairs, which was a small room that looked fantastic! The last time that I saw carpet on the wall was at a very dodgy psy-trance squat party, but these sheepskin rugs looked far more sophisticated. I danced to an interesting mix of breaks and house. Really nice atmosphere down there and even though I myself could probably qualify for free shares in British & American tobacco, it was a good idea to have a no smoking policy down there, as it made for easy breathing and lets face it this will be the shape of things to come in all venues next year due to recent laws passed by Mr Blair and Co!

I proceeded back up top to get strapped into Alex Parsons set who was playing some fantastically bad breaks and by now the place was packed and the crowd were absolutely loving it! I really loved every minute and what struck me about the atmosphere all night was that everybody seemed to be filled with a smug sense of self-satisfaction because this night seemed like one for people who were “in the know”, which resulted in a crowd of very friendly lovely people! Not a single annoying gurning twat in sight and everybody’s enthusiasm was almost tangible!

My third and final apology must go to T47 because due to a member of my party being a bit to worse for wear, we reluctantly had to leave earlier than I wanted to, really sorry I missed your set! All reports later that weekend advised that the night ended superbly and apparently those friendly Bouncers were even getting down and dirty to the tunes………..brilliant!

The Kurruption crew deserve a big pat on the back for putting on a great night and choosing a new venue that is a real gem of a find! I would also like to comment that with the main stream media slating dance music at the moment and accusing it of stagnation, I think praise should be heaped upon promotions such as Kurruption for doing things just that little bit different. The progression of the music was a delight to behold. Everybody should take note of this night who haven’t been before and those who have should get on down to the next one for another slice………Pizza’s or no Pizza’s!

I for one will certainly be back…………..Well done guys!

Brique Rouge track

Alex and Tommy's Tune on Brique Rouge Is finally out on Monday 13th March Guys! :spin:

Check it out here:
www.briquerouge.com/catalogue/relea...s-your-clothes-shrink-brique-rouge-br053.html

( David Duriez Quote)
Newcomers on Briquerouge, Alex Parsons & Tommy Four Seven have just produced one of our biggest record to date (or at least it will become) – “Chocolate..” is the kind of anthem you would expect to hear in a warm, low ceiling, packed club. The track with his infectious vocal and electro groove is a storm you can’t fight, it’s an instant classic, the kind of track you already know before you listen to it. Fafa Monteco just rang me shouting in the phone that’s it’s a hit ! My wife is jumping on it and we seriously think to commit a few remixes. And to make things even more obvious, the sleeve is chocolate and we also have a chocolate briquerouge t shirt in stock.
Now it’s with or without peanuts ?

Interview with JDS

Right, if you don’t mind can you give us a quick run down of how you got into the whole production and Djing scene all those years ago. I hear you had a few residencies at some events in the late 90’s?
I started doing my own gigs at the end of school - Hire halls and function rooms at back of pubs and just getting mates to come along. Then as we got a group of about 200-300 people to each event other promoters started to get me to DJ as they knew quiet a few of my lot would come along. One of these was a once a month gig at Middlesex & Herts county club on a Sunday evening we would get up to 1600 there! Graham Gold used to come down, liked how I worked and when Peach started asked me to be one of the residents which went on for 11 years. I was also a resident at Sunny side up which was a Sunday afternoon party. Total madness! I was there for about 9 years also a Saturday resident at the Chunnel club for a night called Trinity for about 8 years.

Was your progression into the house and breaks scene a gradual one, or was there one particular tune that was the decider?
No not really I’ve always played different types of music and it just seemed to evolve that way.
Most people I have spoken to got hooked when you released your album, ‘The Adventures Of The Purple Funky Monkey’. Did you expect it to be such a huge success and do you have any plans to follow that album up with anything just as great in the near future?
We were very happy with the way people received the album as when you put a dance album out there the public are sometimes not up to it! Julian and I have been in the business since early nineties so it was something we always wanted to do .We definitely want to do another album…. We'll just have to see what happens….
You have many different guises… How on earth do you come up with them all and do you ever forget them... How many is it now?
Always forget everything. Bad memory!!

I personally would always like to hear people producing more uplifting tunes that really get the crowds on the dancefloor moving. Are you enjoying any of the minimal electro sounds that seem to be so popular at the moment?
Some of the electro stuff has some real cool elements to it. We try to take the bits we like and incorporate into what we do making our sound grow and keeping us on our toes.
You have been adored by the likes of Laurent Garnier who described you as ‘Brilliance’ and Norman Cook who has gone on record as saying ‘JDS do THE best breaks sets ever’. Who do you rate as highly as all that in the scene?
Really liking the way James Zabelia is mixing things up and using scratching in a good way - not just doing it to make people look at him. I love Basment Jaxx as they get that dance commercial crossover while still staying ‘club’ which is a very hard thing to do.
Do you still enjoy djing as much as you used to or would you rather be locked away at home creating new tunes?
I love djing especially when the crowd are up for it. I know it is what I’m
meant to be doing and playing your own tunes and seeing the crowd react is
brilliant!
…and your most enjoyable gig to date?
I don’t really like to put one gig to the forefront, but when I was resident at Sunny and Peach it was fantastic. As long as crowds in all the countries I play at want to dance… I’ll enjoy it!
...The weirdest?!
I was ask to play a club down on the south west coast and it was really hard house. The promoter asked my mate if I would come off the decks if he gave me £100 more. Of course I said yes! Not for the money but I knew they were not into what I was doing. That’s they only time I have been taken off though!
You’re a family man so I guess that you are subjected to the crazy tunes that kids pick up on in the charts. Are there any recent pop tunes you’d like to remix or any that you’d wish had never been made!?
My kids have quiet good taste to be honest they like R&B and Reggie. The song I hate is that McDonald/KFC one. What crap!!
So, what have you been up to in the studio lately? Any new releases in the pipeline?
I'm always in studio! There are some remixes we have done of our old classic Nine Ways. Also we have 2 new tracks ready to go. On Paradox 3000 we have 6 tracks waiting to go… Just cant get them out quick enough!
Also on my own solo project Electrotec I have got 5 tracks ready but sometimes just don’t end up
releasing them and only end up using them when playing out! I’ve also got a mix comp BEATZ & BOBZ VOL 6 in April/may and a few booties on my Shoe label to.

You are playing at Kurruption in Farringdon on March 18th. The EP lounge is a small intimate venue and the Kurruption crowd are a friendly bunch, a lot of them being mates. Are you a big venues only man, or do you enjoy playing to the smaller crowds too?
I love playing to any crowd. Sometimes big is not so intimate, so small with friendly people are always a good thing.
Last thing… The free gourmet pizza at Kurruption is proving very poular at the start of our events! If you had to pick a random topping what would it be?!
I like some nice spicy chicken on my pizza.
Thanks a lot Darren. Looking forward to meeting you next week and I’ll place that order for you!
Cheers, see ya next weekend!

thumb_c03ae72219394494016473d3fb708b1d.jpg
[c]Click here to view original image[/c]

Back