Kazantip Festival

I've read its on for the whole month of August therefore I guess you would need to pick and choose and plan the trip around what DJ is playing when etc etc.

Agreed that it does look amazing - all those open air parties right though the night and day.

A good friend of mine's brother goes ever year from here. He seems to think it's pretty good! :) Looks like fun!

It does go on for a month. Best times are opening and closing but then there'll be a couple of big weekends in the middle. They always get a few big names but they also get the best of Russia's (and, of course, Ukraine's) DJs so you'll definitely see some top notch talent that you won't hear back in the UK.

I've heard a lot of things about this and seen some documentary's about it. Although it looks and sounds amazing in many ways, I've heard some worrying things that puts me off. Generally with regards to Russian gangsters being there for questionable reasons. Then again I've not been, so I wouldnt want to say that is actually the case or not.

Last edited by a moderator:
It was totally safe when I was there. We walked around at all hours.

Russian (or more likely Ukrainian?) gangsters are not an issue. I've had plenty of friends go and haven't heard of a single criminal event.

Only hint of trouble was when we were hitting on some other guys' women at a bar in a neigboring town and that was kids stuff.

Things I've heard have suggested that violence or drugs aren't really an issue. However the age of a lot of the girl are - particularly in relation to the fact that it's sold as a very sexual festival....

Things I've heard have suggested that violence or drugs aren't really an issue. However the age of a lot of the girl are - particularly in relation to the fact that it's sold as a very sexual festival....
Ukrainian and Russian girls are hot. That's the worst issue you'll come up against!
Most will be of legal age. I think you're supposed to be 18 to enter anyway.

Back