Jesus

Robder

Hiya - I'm staying in Jesús - village on main road nr Ibiza town & Talamanca - during Sept.

...In this posh villa:

SanRafyJesusII%20027.jpg

SanRafyJesusII%20024.jpg

SanRafyJesusII%20001.jpg

Mmmmm - not bad eh? 8)

Sirens - come back! (last thread was removed due to some bloke using nasty words about lady bits :lol:)

Stephen - "it's a dormitory town for posh/professional spanish who come to work in ibiza with lots of nice bars, cafes and some good local and international restaurants. pk2 is just down a track, the ibiza hills luxury gated housing complex looks down on it, and can pep simo, an area of architectural interest is just beyond it."

Any advances on this?

Restaurant recommends?

Bus routes? (if any)

Can pep simo?!?! What's this?

Cheers! 8)

not only do you get the normal bus, but they throw in a disco bus too

http://www.ibizabus.com/web/es/elgaucho10.html

and here's something i wrote earlier

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jesús[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Jesús is Ibiza's fastest growing village. Its proximity to both Ibiza town and the Roca Llisa golf course has made it a firm favourite with wealthy, professional Spanish who have come from the mainland to work here. However it still retains its links with the past.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]What to See[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dominating the crossroads of the village is the church of La Madre de Dios de Jesús, built in the 15th and 16th centuries in typical Ibiza style and former home to Franciscan and Dominican monks. Nearby, visitors can sit in quiet contemplation by an ancient water wheel surrounded by lemon trees in the church square.[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]On the hills above the village are two important housing developments. The Can Pep Simó estate, designed in the 70's by architects Erwin Broner and Josep Lluís Sert is a fusion of traditional and modern architecture and has been designated an area of 'Good Cultural Interest.'[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Close by, the super luxurious, super modern, concrete and glass megavillas of the rich and famous form the 'Ibiza Hills' private estate. With privacy guaranteed it's no wonder that Posh and Becks are considering buying Beckingham Palacio here![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Food and Drink[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Morning coffee, fresh bread or cake: Café San Francisco has a sunny terrace and its own bakery.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Take Away: Rita Savor makes only the finest French food and wonderful quiches.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Lunch: Salads, locally produced vegetables and meats are the speciality of the Coneixem Taberna.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Dinner: Delicious barbecued meat and cured hams from Extremadura are top of the menu at the Museo del Jamón restaurant.[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Drinks: Bar La Alternativa occupies an old finca with a shady garden. It's a quieter, more cosmopolitan night, than the 'full-on' bars of Ibiza town. [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Beach[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Head for Playa S'Estanyol. It's well worth the 2 KM ride down a rutted track to find this hidden gem. A small cove with crystal waters, clean sand and PK2, a relaxed bar and restaurant with all the latest in chill-out tunes, it's never crowded! [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, sans-serif]Useful Information
Local Fiesta: 8th September.
[/FONT]

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks a lot - that's an absolutely brilliant help. :D

Not sure I'll ever stay in Figueretas again.

why ?????

No reason - it's not a bad place to stay or anything...

...it's just that when you go back to a place like Ibiza time and time again, it's nice to be away from tourist trash. Playa D'en Bossa/Figueretas are just functional places that are nice for convenience sake - especially ideal if you're in your early 20s and comfort is less of an issue than getting trollied. :lol:

I'd much rather be in a small village surrounded by nice villas, lesser known restaurants, quiet beaches and stunning views...especially if well connected by buses as I don't drive.

But that's just me. ;)

I think Jesus is exactly what you are looking for. It isn't touristy and has a lovely relaxed yet vibrant feel to it...

There are a few cafes on the main road and a gorgeous thai restaurant with an excellent veggie menu.

Perfect location and an excellent bus service, also walking distance if you want a stroll to Talamanca beach (the quiet end)

To Stephen, McRackin or anyone that knows - is the internet shop on the main road open again? Why did it close down in 2005?

Robder.. that villa looks gorgeous!

I wish I could afford to move out of PDB.. I usually go to Ibiza on my own so a villa is out of the question.

that Thai place looks nice too.. I have been trying to find some different places to eat at this year! :)

Jesus is where I've stayed the last few years!! Very convenient, a couple of good restaurants beyond the Thai, Banks, Internet Caffs, Supermarcados, Tabac and newspaper shops, 2 mins to Pacha 5 to the old town!!

Stayed in a lovely finca in Jesus in 2004. Close enough to Eivissa and PDB but also far enough away if that makes sense.

Looking at properties for a week in Sept right now...

... [FONT=Arial, sans-serif]... Bar La Alternativa occupies an old finca with a shady garden.
It's a quieter, more cosmopolitan night, than the 'full-on' bars of Ibiza town. [/FONT]
ok, know that LA ALTERNATIVA sadly closed years ago -
but does anybody know if the building still exists ??
couldn´t find it this year anymore and where i thought it once was
is a very ugly unfinished new house now ... but not sure i was in the right street.

so - is the "old finca" still there or not ?

funny you asked since i passed in front half an hour ago. still there, it looks like a regular house now.....

Back